H22 swapped civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brettII

KMS-fab
i am looking into purchasing a H22 swapped civic hatch. i was wondering if there is anythign special i should look for as far as problems related to the swap, correct usage of parts, wiring, common things overlooked or misused/wired? also, what are the best ecu's for these cars? and what comes stock? i've serched for some of this stuff, but have failed in finding things. is a gsr ecu compatable and better? thanks fellas,

brett

GSR ecu is what? P72...yeah. they chip them for better performance i'd assume, and it takes the rev limiter higher, no? also, it would have to be OBD compatible with the motor, etc.? the correct axles as in the prelude axles or stock ones for a civic hatch? thanks

brett

i think the h22 is like 60 something lbs. heavier than the stock d series which is quite a bit optimum weight distribution as you probably know is 50/50 and with that h22 upfront your maybe looking at 70/30 im not sure correct me if im wrong ima dumbass. :shrug2:

Adding 70 pounds makes you go from a 50/50 (which most Hondas DON'T have) to a 70/30? Come on, we can do better than that.

Simply: Let's say you've got a 2500 pound car....1250 in the back, 1250 in the front. Add 70 pounds to the front, and you've got a 2570 car, with 1320 in the front. 1320/2570 = 51.3%

So 51.3/48.7.....hardly a 70/30 split.

oops i wasnt trying to say hondas were 50/50 i was trying to say the added 70lbs is taking you further away from the 50/50 and thats part of the reason they handle shitty

The handling isnt that bad, just get a good suspension with proper spring rates and you'll be fine. I have been in a 94 hatch cx with an h22 and it handled pretty well.

to be honest with you, if you have the correct suspension you wont notice much at all. a friend of mine has a h22 in a 95 hb and taking a turn in a stock civic hatch or a h22 really wasnt that much different.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 5 2003, 08:10 AM
The whole handling thing is a myth drummed up by the B-series guys that are jealous of all the torque that comes with the H22. :ph34r: :p :D

lol

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 5 2003, 08:10 AM
The whole handling thing is a myth drummed up by the B-series guys that are jealous of all the torque that comes with the H22. :ph34r: :p :D

H22 swapped hatches barely suffer any change in handling. It is definately a myth for all of those jealous B Series guys. Haha :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't take ANYONE'S word on it except someone who's actually done the swap for themselves. "I once rode in a Civic with an H22 and it handled like shit" does NOT qualify.

Originally posted by MXDesa+Aug 7 2003, 06:18 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Aug 5 2003, 08:10 AM

H22 swapped hatches barely suffer any change in handling. It is definately a myth for all of those jealous B Series guys. Haha :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:withstupid:
they ARE known to break axles though. Some h22a civics' axles last, some just breaks everytime you gun it. I guess it depends on the engine mounting and the type of engine mounts you use. definately ask the previous owner about the axles.

You should take it to a shop and plug in the obd system to see if it was a clean and complete swap.

Civic/Integra's weight distribution is like a 60/40 or somewhere near? It is NOT 50/50, I know s2000 and rx7 fd3s's are very close to 50/50, but thats because the engine and drivetrain sits behind the front wheels for it being RWD. I don't think it's possible for FF's to achieve a 50/50 unless you put a lot of weight in the back, which is just plain retarded. And you can always use the throttle, brake, and steering to transfer weight, if you know how to.

50/50 isn't always the optimum weight distribution, it definately makes a balanced handling car BUT it largely depends on the driver and what setup they're the most comfortable with.

Originally posted by xyswany@Aug 4 2003, 04:23 PM
i think the h22 is like 60 something lbs. heavier than the stock d series which is quite a bit optimum weight distribution as you probably know is 50/50 and with that h22 upfront your maybe looking at 70/30 im not sure correct me if im wrong ima dumbass. :shrug2:

buy coil overs and adjust them!

there problem solved, next question please.

who here has actually driven both an H22 hatch and a GSR swaped hatch, just for an acurate comparison. :driver: :shrug2:

Back