H22 swapped civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by haccord141+Aug 7 2003, 08:59 PM-->
@Aug 4 2003, 04:23 PM
i think the h22 is like 60 something lbs. heavier than the stock d series which is quite a bit optimum weight distribution as you probably know is 50/50 and with that h22 upfront your maybe looking at 70/30 im not sure correct me if im wrong ima dumbass. :shrug2:

buy coil overs and adjust them!

there problem solved, next question please.

I wouldn't exactly agree that coil overs adjust weight distribution on a car. This post made no sense. Coil overs adjust height and handling in one way. As far as weight distribution i would have to say :bs:

Yes, they are known to break axles, both because of the added troque and the way the engine sits in the engine bay. This problem can be solved by getting some good aftermarket axles.

optimal weight distribution for FWD is 60/40
optimal weight distribution for RWD is 50/50
not sure about AWD

if your not autoXing, road coursing or trying to carve up twistie back roads the handling is fine.... if you are :lol:

damn, thanks a lot guys. this helped out very well. what spring rate would be good for this set up? and what exactly is the rating? thanks again

brett

If u stuff a h22 in a hatch would you be able to fit a turbo and intercooler on it too?

spring rate (kg/mm or lb/in) is how much force it takes for the spring to compress a certain unit of length.

it depends on what kind of driving you want and how much you are willing to compromise comfort for handling. You could always go fully adjustable coilover setups such as tein, k-office, cusco, tanabe, apexi etc, or you could get sleeve type coilover (skunk2 or ground control) with some tokico or kyb shocks.

H22 into 92 DX Hatch

Does anyone know where to find the best information to swap a H22 into a 92 dx hatch? Wiring, Axles ( i heard you can use 94 integra axles and they will hold up. is that true?), what kind of mounts to use, best suspention for performance, and the rest of the hidden costs? I need to have the motor in in less than 2 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Progress makes a spring designed for a h22 swapped civic... But i dont know if they are any good... Anyone know???

Was gonna post this myself:p Honda tuning did a write up on the hasport crx with the h22 swap using full progress springs and sway bar/traction bar setup. As i recall the results were very good.

help!

I was thinking about doing an h22 swap into a 96 civic hatch let me know what it intails and money around that will be needed. Thanks

Do you guys realize this thread is 4 years old? :confused:

And 95turbteg, seriously? Stop spamming other threads with your question. The reason no one's answering you is because you keep butting in on other people's discussions. If you had just started your own thread from the beginning then maybe you'd have some answers at this point.

Last edited:
Back