***H22 SWAPS...GENERAL QUESTIONS***

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This whole forum is a guide. It's free. Also, if you are that worried about $30, then the H22A isn't in your future. You'll need about 2k.

I made the right decision, i got a jdm h22 :D I have a couple quick questions though:

1) Is there something really important i need to know about the auto tensioner?

2) I know someone else asked this question, but i have a 1990 accord and they had a 5th generation i believe: will my h22 fit exactly into my existing engine mounts or do i need to add one extra prelude mount?

Thanks

Originally posted by saleem837@Apr 14 2005, 02:02 PM
I made the right decision, i got a jdm h22 :D I have a couple quick questions though:

1) Is there something really important i need to know about the auto tensioner?

2) I know someone else asked this question, but i have a 1990 accord and they had a 5th generation i believe: will my h22 fit exactly into my existing engine mounts or do i need to add one extra prelude mount?

Thanks
[post=487125]Quoted post[/post]​

Please start your own thread.

ok i am thinking about getting a skunk 2 intake manifold for the H22. is it going to be hard to replace? is it something that i can do or am i better off just taking it somewhere to get it done? do i have to jack up the car and get under it to get it off or is everything i need to do on top?? :poop:

i think everythings done up top...you might have to get under the car to release one mount that hold up the manifold but thats it. dont quote me but i think thats how.

I would think that the main part of the intake wouldn't be that hard, but if you want to replace the runners as well, it would take a bit more doing since half of the nuts are underneath the intake runners.

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Oct 5 2004, 12:45 PM
aight cool.....and what about the power steering pump...the motor i got didnt come with one and the accord power steering pump looks a little to big to lit on the H22 and the metal bracket that holds the Power steering pump in place looks ALOT different from the one on my F22 now so will i have to go out and by another PSP for a prelude??? :poop:
[post=398567]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm just gonna take out the power steering altogether. It's just added weight and I heard that if you take it out you gail more power not just by weight reduction but by something else

you gain power from not having another belt driven device. the more shit your engine runs the less power you have on tap

I also have this swap for a few years now. I never hooked up the power steering because of issues I had heard reagarding it. What exactly needs to be done to hook up the power steering from 90 - 93 Accord to work with the H22. I have always had my P/S line just sitting on the valve cover and it looks tacky ;/

Originally posted by h22accord5@Jul 12 2005, 07:06 PM
I also have this swap for a few years now. I never hooked up the power steering because of issues I had heard reagarding it. What exactly needs to be done to hook up the power steering from 90 - 93 Accord to work with the H22. I have always had my P/S line just sitting on the valve cover and it looks tacky ;/
[post=525002]Quoted post[/post]​

Buy a DOHC prelude power steering hose. Use the prelude pump. Where the hose attaches down below, you carefully rebend the hardline and hook it up.

That's it. Prelude pump, prelude hose, everything else stock.

cool....and how do you wire it in?? is it a one wire sensor straight to the ECU or is there a lead wire and a ground??

Back