***H22 SWAPS...GENERAL QUESTIONS***

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord..H22A Swap

exhaust problem..will a Prelude DC sports header bolt up to a stock 90-93 cat.convert?

im gonna say yes. i dont remember having to cut on that CB7 i did.

mikeislord said:
Quoted post[/post]]
any h22 based header will (or should) bolt right up to a accord exhaust setup.
Depends on generation. 90-93 Yes. 94-97 No. = Exhaust shop.

hmm..... not true; i got a b-pipe for an H22A from hmotors, and the flange that goes from the b-pipe to the catalytic converter does not fit. it's to big. my car is a 92 accord EX, btw.

when i first did my swap i has bought some bull shit ebay knock- off headders with the b pipe and flex pipe built in and it bolted up perfect to my stock accord cat back without any spacers or joints. and what do u mean by too big, is the pipe itself too long or is the diameter to large??

Last edited:
TeamUrbanChaos said:
when i first did my swap i has bought some bull shit ebay knock- off headders with the b pipe and flex pipe built in and it bolted up perfect to my stock accord cat back without any spacers or joints. and what do u mean by too big, is the pipe itself too long or is the diameter to large??

well, obviously the tubing diameter was quite a bit larger, but the real problem was with the bolt holes on the flange. the holes for the bolts were spaced to far apart, therefore they didn't match up to the studs on the catalytic converter. i had to take a rat tail file and extend the holes. after seeing the stock b-pipe for the h22, i can see why everyone is always saying that the dc sports 4-2-1 and ebay knock-offs lose power over the stock jdm header.

well i know that h22's that came stock in the 92-96 preludes sat back way farther than the swapped h22's in accords but for some reason the headders that i picked up bolted right up. maybe i just got lucky

TeamUrbanChaos said:
well i know that h22's that came stock in the 92-96 preludes sat back way farther than the swapped h22's in accords but for some reason the headders that i picked up bolted right up. maybe i just got lucky
okay, this is the h22 b-pipe flange in black, and the stock accord catalytic converter flange in red:
IO\
I I O\ \
I I \ \
I I O O
I I / /
I I O/
/
IO/

does that make sense?

EDIT* spaces don't work

alright, new question/problem.... i tried going to o'reilly's and autozone to get a new distributor cap and rotor for my h22, and all they had were caps with external coil. has anyone else run into this problem? should i just go to honda to get the cap and rotor?

thanks

you can either use a rotor and dizzy cap from either a 99 honda civic (b16) or a 1991 honda accord (f22)both of these blocks are internal coil motors and will work with an H22.......i ran into this problem before and i knew for sure the 91 accord cap would fit but autozone didnt have it in stock then someone told me the Dizzy cap from a B16 is the same and low and behold....it was! im not too sure what year b16. i only know that it came in the usdm civics in 99 but i think its any b16 or 91 accord f22

yes it will, but there is still work to be done besides that. Buy an H22, and sell the H23. It's cheaper, quicker, and easier.

mine is running pretty well, although, i can only get 90 octane here in lubbock, so i think i'm gonna start putting octane booster in it. also, i ended up having to buy a new distributor, cuz the bearing in my distributor was dry and overheated it and burnt up the coil or ignitor or both. gettin a new distributor was a pain in the ass, but this place in houston called bap geon got one for me from canada, i think. anyway, my car is running pretty well, except i'm gonna end up having to get my transmission rebuilt sooner or later, cuz some water got in it while the engine was stored before it was put in the car. there was a plug missing out of the transmission when it was shipped.

my engine is running better than ever......cept the car currently has no steering rack. i dropped the old one, took the new one out of the box, turned it over, and the boot tore. I apparently got the only one in the dallas area, so they had to order a new one and i wont have it til thursday. once i get that fixed, i hope my squeak goes away, if not, replacing the upper ball joints and the passenger tie rod are the next things to do on my list.

hope everyone else is having as much fun.

Has anybody dyno'd their h22 swap yet, im kinda trying to get an idea of wha it puts down to the wheels with just basic bolt ons...no boost or spray.

167hp and 138? tq.

no graph, but it was a dyno day and they were running through pretty quick.

Stock intake, Ebay header, broken exhaust at the rear axle area.

Back