h22 timing belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mulepick

The OEM h22a belt is 49.25" long (155 teeth). After the manual timing belt tensioner mod is accomplished, the belt needs to be a little longer. 156 teeth?

Some have forced the OEM length on but have had whining after startup. The H23 belt (from which the manual tensioner mod was stolen) isn't even the right tooth pitch much less length.

Anyone found the right size belt for the post mod h22a? Or a place to get a custom belt?

Tks,

Bob

Well, it now appears even the USDM h22a1 belts wont fit the JDM h22a. I just bought the correct Goodyear belt (Gatorback 40216) for a 95 Prelude VTEC and the teeth are too deep and too widely spaced. Length a little short too at 127 teeth.

Bob:confused:

Am I reading this right... a replacement OEM H22 belt in North America will not fit a JDM H22A? What are the options? Aftermarket?

Tell me we don't need to order JDM maintenance parts!

The USDM belt should fit because I got my timing belt replaced with the USDM belt with no problem/whining noise (from what I know). Anyways, explain your whining noise after startup? If possible, provide a video?

Turns out that GY's Gatorback has the wrong belt listed for h22 application. I bought another replacement belt from NAPA and the pitch, shape, and size were correct. It's 155 tooth which is VERY (virtually impossible by one person) hard to fit on. My NAPA guy has a couple of 159 tooth belts I'll look at today. If either fits better, I'll post the part #s.

Bob

the usdm belt will fit the jdm motor perfectly....they are the same motor. i did mine about a year ago.

remember when replaceing such crutial parts spend the extra few dollars and buy the honda belt. your problem probably came from the belt being aftermarket.

Back