h22 tranny on f22 engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In the writeup it says that you should back the tap out every 2-3 turns. I've been told that you should never back a tap out if you can avoid it, because it grinds the loose shavings into the threads.

Never heard that, when I worked at Caterpillar they suggested the same thing. The tap should have channels/grooves for the shavings. If anything, from my experience, if you don't back it out, that's when you run into issues with the shavings(on small bores, with more fragile taps, this was a big problem as many people would break the taps in the bore).

I don't know if this was suggested in the thread, but using cutting oil helps a LOT when tapping holes.

i know that....... i just have not seen one. now that i tink about it. they where going to call it an acura s2000 here and honda s2000 there but they didnt want to compete with the nsx. sorry brain fart.

actually before completely shutting down the s2k they were going to call it the acura s2k every were but they shut down the program because it was no longer enough sale's to justify production

yeah my mom baught one when they first came out. there where only two in texas at that time.

will a d series tranny fit a f series motor

No, it will not. It can be done if you have an adaptor plate designed for that purpose, but it will not just bolt-on in stock form...

Back