H22 transmissions, Which have LSD? And how to ID them?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

feraldarkness

I need some information, I am planning an h22 swap into my 91 si, however I know traction will be a problem, so I need to find a transmission with LSD. However I see a huge lack of information on LSD h22 trannys.

So whats the down low on it? Which years / makes have LSD? Whats the ID code on the LSD ones and where is it located at? thanks in advance guys!

m2b4 is really your only option. They only came in japan so their harder to find. The label is right next to the timing light window on the tranny.

m2b4 prelude sir (jdm)
t2t4 accord SIR (f22b)
t2w4 euro-r (edm)
u2q4 euro-r (jdm)

and im not sure but some SIR's in europe might have come with lsd as well.

Get a quaife and be done with it , That diff will out last 4-5 transmissions. Unless you need a new transmission .

Lol that is a HORRID Idea, I have done it enough on RWD cars to know lol.

If you want to go that route, just make yourself a spool, its pretty easy to do.

However if you spool "or weld rofl" it together both wheels will turn at the same speed all the time, in other words it locked, not a LSD or Posi diff, So when you turn cornors it will FUCK up some stuff pretty bad, you couldnt daily drive a FWD with a locked differantial.

Back