h22 turbo and nos???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprt92

i have a 92 lude which i swaped a jdm h22 into i curently have a zex kit and apexi, full exhaust i want something more! i am thinking about a turbo. I know that i cant run a big turbo becouse the motor is stock! but can i still run even a small shot of the silly gas????
let me know what you think thanks

i havent rode in a nos/turbo car but many drag racers use it to make up for lag. be sure to run low boost i guess.

Originally posted by imprt92@Aug 10 2004, 05:08 PM
i cant run a big turbo becouse the motor is stock
[post=374940]Quoted post[/post]​

noooooo..... You can't run a lot of power, because the engine is stock. H-Series flow well, and can spool large impellers like champs. You could .63/.60 without problems.

My conservative estimate is no more than 250whp on FMU/VAFC, and no more than 300whp on hondata/uberdata. A stock LS block can do it, and I've seen stock internal prelude graphs sing to 300+ with great reliability, but the money is in the fuel.

There is an ek hatch here pushing a smaller Precision turbo and a NX 50shot. Dependable car that makes turbo IS-300 owners regret their auto loan. He runs Hondata. You should too, especially with that H-Series.

IMO, sell the nitrous, buy a hondata.

you'll still make the same power with a turbo setup, and be safer with a solid tune.

nitrous is for poor f&f street racers, and 1000 hp cars.

Back