H22 turbo civic dx 2 door not hatchback

h22 or b series

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hcivicdx8

u figga deal me
i just bought a 97 honda civic dx i dont know much about cars but im dropping 20 g's into it in a couple months most of the ppl i know say go with a b series but a couple r saying h22 and i think im gunna go with that but i wanna replace the engine tranny an get a turbo kit or something what parts should i buy in yer opinion

ok well if your dropping "20g's" into your civic there is alot you can my friend. First of all the H22 is not exactly a plug and play application here. There is alot of extra work that needs to be done just to get it to fit. No Power steering or a/c can be used because of the lack of room. You would need new mounts for both the motor and transmission, axles, and the whole nine yards. Turboing that motor is not that great when compared to boosting a B series. The cylinder walls are thinner and the compression is a little high.
Now this is what i would do if i were you. Drop in a B18C5 (Integra GSR, or Type R). This is a much easier swap new motor mounts and your basically all set. You wil stil have about 15000 bucks left. Build the motor up if you go Turbo, cams, valves, valve springs, retainers, low comp pistons, new rods, P&P the head. You can do alot man, but theoretically B series if you want, even a LS-Vtec. Shit drop in a K20 or K24. But don;t forget with power comes new brakes and suspension. You got he money to do alot just plan it out. And lastly TUNING you get teh most out of what you do through tuning.

what kind of goals are you going for?

Do you want a LOT of show and a little go. A HELL OF A LOT OF GO and decent looking...

I mean, i can use half (maybe more) of that 20Gs and build you something that will make a Cobra your bitch. In the end i recommend that you avoid putting too much into the looks of the car....in the end you still drive a civic, and no matter how good it looks, its still a soccer mom's car (not saying my prelude is any better).

You can make the car hella fast and rack up enough cash to get you something worth driving outside of the track.

A turbo GSR is a force to be reconed with....if you really wanna go all out....we can go dart block style :) HELL YEAH...

It all depends on what you wanna do...gonna need a lil more info.

pfft. With 20 grand you could put a Skyline motor in it and make it RWD!

Really tho, I would put an F20 motor in there, no one's going to have that, and it'd kick arse.

reikoshea said:
can someone revoke this guys posting privlidges?

What's your problem? Did I offend you with the notion of a skyline motor in a civic? it was a joke, genious, sorry if I'm not 100 factual all the time.

no, the skyline thing didnt bother me, the F20 thing bothered me....different is not always best.

reikoshea said:
no, the skyline thing didnt bother me, the F20 thing bothered me....different is not always best.

So because I suggest a different idea, I should have my posting privelages revoked? You act like on a public forum people aren't allowed opinions.

Back