h22 turbo in 96 ek dx help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fondyboi

I have a 96 ek with a h22a. I want to turbo it and I need help. The car have a front motor mount bar that get's in the way of the down pipe. Do i need this bar or is their a different manifold to install the turbo away from the bar? it looks like this one http://www.advancespeedshop.com/images/20040 - EK Front Mount- H Series.jpg as you can see, the bar come up from the left side and is in the way of the downpipe. This is the last piece i need to figure out then I can trow everything together. any useful help would be highly helpful. thanks.

The easy thing to do would be to get a customized down pipe that runs away from the motor mount bar. A muffler shop can make custom down pipes, or even bend the one you have so it clears the motor mount bar:cool:

The easy thing to do would be to get a customized down pipe that runs away from the motor mount bar. A muffler shop can make custom down pipes, or even bend the one you have so it clears the motor mount bar:cool:
Thank you, I will look into this with my local shop. My friend showed me a picture of a turbo h22 ek in import tuner with the same setup as mine, but he doesnt use the front motor mount. I've driven cars with the same setup before but without turbo and I notice alot of shaking up front and the tires, so I know that keeping it would be my best option. Anyways, thanks you guys for all your help. I'll talk to my local shop if he can customize my downpipe or build me a new one.

I just trimed mine doen. I have a h22 also. You just need to trim a little off the edge. I used a white marker made my cut line and took it to my buddy and he cut it with a plasma cutter.

I just trimed mine doen. I have a h22 also. You just need to trim a little off the edge. I used a white marker made my cut line and took it to my buddy and he cut it with a plasma cutter.

I'm talking about the front mount traction bar with front engine mount. I am having issue fitting my turbo on because the front mount is in the way. I see that explicit speed performance makes the same traction bar, but with smaller front mounts so Im going to see if they can make me one for my ek. Thank you anyways for your in put.

Back