H22 , Type R Or B18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Firewalker

H22 , Type R Or B18b

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i need to change my engine and i have a 1995 acura integra, 4 door , automatic transmission

i have 3 choice
a b18b bolt in just like mine with auto transmission and all the stuff ( ecu distributor, alternator, axles, etc....) for 1200 $ swap included
or
a type R motor with a B18B not just the longblock but everything w/automatic transmission for 2500 $ overall for the complete swap
or
a H22 motor with everything and a auto h22 tranny.... everyone is saying that an auto tranny dosn't fit in since it's too big... but i believe it would be possible to cut in the frame to make it fit custom and have nice results
h22 + auto tranny + ecu + H engine mount etc.... everything for 3000$ if it's possible

anyone could tell me a good choice for him/her and tell me why?! and could you tell me if it's possible to do an auto h22 swap in an acura integra with LOTS of fitting

if your gona just drop it in and just put intake exhaust and stuff like that on it go with the h22a but if your gona mod it more than that go with the b18b and turbo it

a type R motor with a B18B not just the longblock but everything w/automatic transmission for 2500 $ overall for the complete swap
or
this part makes NO SENSE to me, where did you find or who are you talking to about a b18b auto type r motor ? type r's only came in a 5spd, and the engine code is either b18c5(i forget the other)

The other code is B18C6, but I would say truthfully if you can get a Type R motor and tranny (most likely having to be a 5spd, but someone may have put a differnt tranny on it) that cheap, I would say get the Type R, and mate it up to your current tranny, the H22 is nice for an all motor application, but if you plan to eventually go turbo and not want to loose a few appendages I would say stick B series, and all in all the Type R would be your best bet for that.

Unless you're meaning CTR B16B? With some sort of auto tranny. Why not just spend some money and convert it to a 5 speed?

stick with b series, **h22 is heavy** and too much of a bitch to swap.

and im with the other guys. B18B type r? someones trying to stick it to you.

Back