H22 vs B18C1 for 96 CIVIC HB DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT DO U GUYS THINK IS A BETTER INVESTMENT FOR MY 96 CIVIC HB H22 OR B18C1 I DO PLAN ON RUNNING TURBO IN THE FUTURE THANKS

Umm, this thread has been done up the galore, I would suggest looking around and reading about it in other threads.

-_- :gives:

DUDE, PLEASE I AM TIRED OF SEEING "GREENCIVC" ALREADY AND YOU ONLY HAVE LIKE 7 POST.......OH YEAH THAT'S RIGHT YOU DID THEM ALL IN THE SAME WEEK!

WELL SORRY MAN I DIDNT KNOW I COULD NOT POST MORE THAN 7 POST IN 1 WEEK.....WELL SORRY SINCE YOUR NOT THE FUCKING ADMINISTRATOR KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT YOU FUCKING FAG MAKE YOUR OWN WEBSITE AND MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING RULES OK AS FAR AS I KNOW ONLY CELESTA CAN MAKE THAT KIND OF COMMENT AND HE HAS NOT DONE IT SO IF YOUR NOT GOIN TO HELP ME LEAVE ME THAT FUCK ALONE OK THANKS AND EXCUSE MY LENGUAGE...

b18c1. And stop typing in all caps. Im not trying to be a dick but its just kind of annoying.

Yea definetly b18c1 if you plan to boost.
Install is easier and cheaper, and more aftermarket support for the b18c1.

Have fun! B)

By all do means correct me if im wrong but I thought the h22 had more tq and hp than b18 heavy or not I mean you get a hatch with h22 and a hatch with a b18 the b18 is gettin the dick. I mean does it differ with a turbo or what, this is me askin. You know you will all ways get the 18 on the highway and at the end when draggin right. Give me your info. :D

i'd go with the H22 personally, about 190 hp and a lot of torque as well. they are also a solid deck...solid blocks are good for the boost, no mods on bottom end beside pistons and rods...the install may be easier on the b18 but the power out of the H series will make up for it, adn i agree with the availablity of parts for the B-series motors....also, the H22 is only about 30 lbs more in weight. trasfer the battery or something to offset this difference. also, (with whatever engine you decide to go with) look into getting a OBDII motor as well...the swap will be easier, however. the OBDI is the way to go if the chasis and such match up (less emissions shit and whatnot)...hope this helps,

brett

Green, calm down. I'm not the god of this site either. I wouldn't want to be.

Venom, think in more than just black and white... and that goes for all your posts, not just this one. Yes, the H22 has more power than any stock B series... but I would choose the B block over the H for my car.

B18C1

Cheaper(not only to buy but also to upgrade)

Lighter

Better overall weight distribution

Tons of aftermarket support

Came in lots of cars, with lots of compatable parts from other cars

it was meant to fit in the same space as your engine

tons of people have gone before you to pave the way to make power cheaper and easier.

i have seen more 600+hp b18c's than H22's

hands down b18c1!!!

both r good swaps i say if you got the money go with H22 the tqr in this motor would be good for your car

i would go with the b18c1 bore it out 2 a b20 do as many weight reduction as possible carpet,air,sounds and sound deaden mat. ,wings, bodykits change rear side glass 4 fiber glass etc........ reducing weight is the key 2 racing i got time slip 2 prove it

or b18c1 with b16 head same thing up top

or you can build a 13s motor if you got tha money 4 a H22 buy a b20 for tha tqr swap a b18c5 head 4 tha top end add tha usual gooddie u know cold air headers good exhaust system weight reduction add sum carbon fiber parts hood,fenders, and so on .

i know a guy with a h22 in a crx he fast but it didnt hit me like it should have could have been installed wrong could be poorly maintained i dont know

holla back if u have ?'s B)

Originally posted by gocivicls@Jul 26 2003, 04:29 PM
-_- :gives:

DUDE, PLEASE I AM TIRED OF SEEING "GREENCIVC" ALREADY AND YOU ONLY HAVE LIKE 7 POST.......OH YEAH THAT'S RIGHT YOU DID THEM ALL IN THE SAME WEEK!

:wtf:

You only have 29 posts.
I only have a hundred somethin'.
B has like 13,000 almost.
What's your point???
Why do you need to have alot of posts to ask a damn question?

LIKE I SAID BEFORE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO BUY A JAVA BOOK AND MAKE YOUR SELF A DAM GOOD ASS WEBSITE LIKE THIS ONE YOU FUCKING LOOSER WE ARE TALKING ABOUT CARS WE DONT WANT TO HEAR YOUR FUCKING P.O.S POST THANK YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT LOOSER

I wasn't even referring to you.
I was talking to the other guy.
And stop posting in Caps.
You need to switch to decaf...

Buddy Christ says: "This thread sucks."

greencivic, you need to relax, try jerking it a little. That should help you calm down some.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back