H22 vs F22 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started off with a very intelligently written post. Granted, it made all the comments about turbo's hurting gas mileage seem silly, which is probably why everyone began posting nasty comments that had nothing to do with the original post.

Yeah, it STARTED OFF with one. And then the same one over again. And then another one. And then another one. All of this before anyone else could even comment back. Do you think that posting the exact same shit multiple times and flooding the thread with posts is going to make people take you more seriously?

Well it won't. It's just annoying. Please stop it...

Yes, I AM new to this forums, and NO I DON'T know how to use these message boards like you boys obviously do.

BUT... I DO know a thing or two about Honda's, and mechanics, and turbos.

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that people VIEW this forum, and don't comment on it, because they don't know enough about the subject to make a smart enough comment, unlike yourself.

Yeah...OR...thousands and thousands of people visit and search these forums, so it just happens that this thread has had a couple thousands of views. What are you trying to prove by quoting the view count on this thread?

You're something else, junior.

"Why would adding a turbo help with fuel economy?" <----- This is you BEFORE I posted.

"Yes, you're completely right. With a good tune it is possible to maintain or even up your mileage a bit." <----- This is you AFTER I posted.

Ironic ain't it... a "noob" crushing YOUR ambitions for a change

You know what, I'm big enough to admit that I may have posted some info a year ago that wasn't entirely accurate. That doesn't mean that I can't criticize you for bringing a dead thread back to life and for posting the same shit five times in a row.

Was that the answer you were hoping for? Sorry, you only posted this particular paragraph one time as opposed to five times, so I wasn't sure how serious you were about it...

I've talked several of my business partners into advocating the use of turbochargers, MAINLY BECAUSE, its the best way to squeeze power out of your engine (ESPECIALLY Hondas). 30+ MPG is common for properly boosted powerplants.

Point made. Good for you...

Most people (including the ones that just dropped 2-3 grand on a turbo setup) DO care about maintaining a respectable MPG. A KNOWLEDGEABLE mechanic/tune shop will tell you to ease your driving stlye, in exchange for INCREASED MPG.

Do we really need a mechanic to tell us that? I think that should be common knowledge for anyone who isn't mentally retarded, wouldn't you say?

As nootrac pointed out though, do you really think that most people who boost their Hondas do so in hopes of driving like a granny and getting good mileage? No, most likely they plan on romping on their car, and mileage probably isn't their greatest concern...

In case you didn't notice, the original post is titled H22 vs F22 turbo.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the F22T... that's the whole point of me posting on this thread... to prove my point that an properly designed/installed/tuned F22T setup is:

MORE FUN, than a H22 swap.
LESS EXPENSIVE, than a PROPER H22 swap (junkyard swaps are hardly ever worth the time/$$$/effort)
Will net you MORE ATTENTION/INTEREST/COMPLIMENTS, than a H22 swap.
Is MORE EFFICIENT than a N/A H22 swap at levels above 220 whp.

F22T, FTW

Well thank you for your contributions to this thread sir. It's much appreciated by all of us. I'm sure it will soon be buried underneath a mountain of other posts again, which is right where it was before you so kindly resurrected it from it's death a year ago...

This thread is so full of fail its not even funny.

Yeah, I'm done with it. I don't think there's anything else he could hold against me at this point.

Sorry for the drama here guys...

another one for the ignore list

Honestly, I mean I tried explaining to him that being a jackass wasn't going to get him anywhere in the nicest way possible. What does he do? He acts like an even bigger jackass... Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back