h22 vs f22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

law195

I'm going for a road course car. I was looking to pop an h22 in there. I thought it was from an accord but was wrong, then saw the f22. Which would be the better motor to start with and build up. I see the f22 has a longer stroke but can the engine hang. and all that other blah , tell me everyrhing please.
so many thanks.

Are you planing on going na or turbo? If you want to go na deffinatly go with an h22. If you want to go turbo the f22 is great and can handle more boost stock. Either way you decide to go both are good engins. If you plan on actualy building the engin the f22 will deffinatly be able to compeat against some h22's. Raising the compression in the f22 would put you closer to where the f22 is. Almost everyone will tell you just go for the h22 which is a better motor but the f22 isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Just build it up a bit and you will make the same power with less money. Basicaly h22=better f22=cheaper. Best of luck to you with what ever choice you go with.

For what car? If you're going to be SWAPPING an engine, an F22 isn't worth your time. It may be worth your time to build an F22 that was already in an Accord. However, an H-series (H22 or H23) swap is the way to go, if you actually want to change out an engine.

I'm trying a kit car with and an NA motor. So there is no swap or ease issue's as i get to do whatever with the chassis. I do like the idea of cheaper f22.

The F22 is pretty worthless n/a. You're much better off with a dual-cam engine (H22 or H23). You'll see a huge increase in performance between the 2.3L non-VTEC H23 and the 2.2L VTEC H22.

if you build any car based soley on price of parts, you will end up with a lousy performing, poorly built piece of garbage that will end up costing more in the end.

Go with the H22.

you are building a car for road coarse...i strongly suggest you stay away from an h22 or f22

i used to have an h22 in my power steeringless cx....turns were not exciting

people think o0o 80 wutever lbs, whats the big differnce..but .the h22 sits wierd, making alot more wieght up front

understeer = not you friend

Neither... i think of the h22 as a straight line motor because of the weight and the understeer but with a b18c or b18c5 (both type r) i think you would benifit more in autox. You will have a considerable amount of torque and hp to start with and alot less weight. But just my .02

Back