H22 Wiring Options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone has ever had experience wiring a H22 motor in a 5th Generation Civic using the P28 ECU programmed to handle the motor along with a D16 (Si, EX, etc.) Vtec harness? What are the disadvantages/advantages of going this route? What is the best way to wire the motor as far as ECU/Harness combination goes?

Car - 1992 Civic DX Hatchback
Motor- OBD1 H22A Prelude Motor

P.S. - If anyone coming accross this thread has ANY information whatsoever on any part of the install of a H22 into a 5th Gen civic, please post a link or email it to me. It is greatly appreciated.

use your dx harness and add in the necessary wires for vtec. It's a total of 4 wires.

You'll also have to add in the vtec wires at the ecu.

Other than that you should be fine.

It's always best to use the harness from the car's original motor and adapt it to fit the new motor.

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Feb 9 2004, 07:18 PM
It's always best to use the harness from the car's original motor and adapt it to fit the new motor.

This statement is correct if you're installing an engine where the OEM harness won't fit, like a H22 for instance. In the case of a GSR/LS/ITR, then it's best to use the OEM harness from that engine...

At any rate, you will need to rewire the engine harness for the H-deucedeuce. The P28 can be re-programmed for use with the new DOHC transplant, but choose wisely my young apprentice as there are many BAD programs out there.

Welcome to the DOCH side.

Oh yea, check out www.hasport.com they carry mount kits and complete engine harness' for the H22 into a EG/EJ/EH/DC chassis. (That's 92-95 Civic and 94-01 Integra for those of you who didn't know)

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Feb 10 2004, 07:30 PM
Can't see your album, it's not my album

Thanks for your responses guys, and i cant see your album either. This is just going to be a big project cause im switching over from auto to manual also.

you wont have to wire your car for vtec....its a 92 and all 92s are wired for it. your harnesss however isnt. use your dx harness and add vtec, knock and lengthen where nessecary. heres a link to Poison's write up on HT....its very helpful for the basics...
HT writeup

Back