H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

novusordocody

Is it extremely difficult to put an h22 in my 1989 accord lx? Do I need special mount kit, or would regular prelude mounts work? Where would the best place to get an h22,ecu,and tranny be?

Someone probably makes a mount kit for your car, or you could do it yourself. A much simpler answer would be to buy a 1990 or later Accord. Your car would be a huge headache to swap, and fairly expensive I bet.

Man this question is popular. FAQed? You can do it, but you are carbed plus the H22 will have to be custom done. In other words, A LOT OF MONEY!! And you have to convert to a fuel-injected engine first! (at least $1100 right there and it is a bitch to do!) The B18C1 is less of a hassel to swap. The B20 is by far the easiest.

Refer to http://www.3geez.com site. One guy has done it, I think his name is WhiteAccord? Not sure. Talk to him. I remember him being from Miami. ;) For some reason he swapped it into a 4-door.....but if you have an LX, you have a 4 door too, right?

I gave up on my 3rd gen. and just bought a 5th gen Prelude! :D The 3rd gen now, is my daily driver.

You can put in a weber carb, that's what most people have done on the site.

Anyway good luck!

about where to get the H22, www.hmotors.com is a tight place, ask for Steve. Don't go to some shady place like eBay obviously, I know so many ppl who've gotten jacked up motors from people they didn't know.

Back