1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by novusordocody, Oct 6, 2003.

1. novusordocody

novusordocody Junior Member

Is it extremely difficult to put an h22 in my 1989 accord lx? Do I need special mount kit, or would regular prelude mounts work? Where would the best place to get an h22,ecu,and tranny be?

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

Someone probably makes a mount kit for your car, or you could do it yourself. A much simpler answer would be to buy a 1990 or later Accord. Your car would be a huge headache to swap, and fairly expensive I bet.

3. Blue Honda girl

Blue Honda girl Junior Member

Man this question is popular. FAQed? You can do it, but you are carbed plus the H22 will have to be custom done. In other words, A LOT OF MONEY!! And you have to convert to a fuel-injected engine first! (at least $1100 right there and it is a bitch to do!) The B18C1 is less of a hassel to swap. The B20 is by far the easiest.

Refer to http://www.3geez.com site. One guy has done it, I think his name is WhiteAccord? Not sure. Talk to him. I remember him being from Miami. ;) For some reason he swapped it into a 4-door.....but if you have an LX, you have a 4 door too, right?

I gave up on my 3rd gen. and just bought a 5th gen Prelude! :D The 3rd gen now, is my daily driver.

You can put in a weber carb, that's what most people have done on the site.

Anyway good luck!

4. ludegirl

ludegirl Senior Member

about where to get the H22, www.hmotors.com is a tight place, ask for Steve. Don't go to some shady place like eBay obviously, I know so many ppl who've gotten jacked up motors from people they didn't know.

5. ferrarikiller

ferrarikiller Senior Member

the site is actually www.hmotorsonline.com but www.japandomesticmotor.com has them for about $300 less

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted