h22a 5 spd transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driver1

i was curios what everyone out there with jdm h22a transmisions is getting for gear/speeds. I odered my transmission from japan engine because ig ot a decent price and they had it in stock but i just wonder if i got what i payed for. now i cant think of 1st ff the top of my head but my car will do about 73-75 mph in second gear....does this sound to high? im not sure but it seems pretty fast to pull out of 2nd anyway also i was wondering if there was any affordable way to gear it down a little bit to make it a lil quicker, because as it stands im runnin a jdm p13 ecu and i can hit the 115mph governer in third gear so i was figuring it could stand to be geared down some and would make the car quicker as well. any info is appreciated.

edit...i was thinking that maybe with it geared so longt that i may have gotten an h23 tarnny or an f22 tranny but i think that mayeb the h23 tranny might be geared lower but im not sure....and if so maybe i will invest in one of them....i dunno i just think the car would benifit from being geared down a touch

i think that if you are hitting 115 in third gear then you don't have an h22 transmission, i know i could hit that in fourth but definatly not third. what rpm are you at at about 80 in fifth you should be around 4,000.

Edit: Oops, you said five speed.

My auto H22 is geared the same. I won't hesitate to drop second at 60. I've also hit 115 in third, but let off, so I didn't feel the governor. I was right at 115. I haven't had the chance to make a fourth gear pull yet.

I agree. I wish there was a way to adjust the gearing. I wouldn't care if fourth did 110.........As long as it got there fast.

Most of my driving is town, and 0-30 sprints suck. :( Past that it rips.<_<

Sounds like you're geared high for a manual tranny. Consider yourself lucky that you can play with the clutch for a decent launch.

anyone else?... i ahvent gotten a chance to try any other speeds and rpm checks but ill get em up soon. also anyone know how i could pull the #'s off of it to identify it? like as in where are the #'s and who do i ask once i have them...will the dealer be able to tell me? i dont wanna have to go there cause the parts guy at my local honda is fuckin retarded. any help is appreciated

i'm gonna run the f22 tranny for the time being. i'l let you know after i get it installed. perhaps if you or anyone else has the info, we could see all the gear ratios of the 3 tranny's mentioned. i'm usin the f22 because some of the bell housing on the h series is missing. i might see if i can swap the gears from the H to the F housing.

Back