H22A 92 Accord LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22A1Accrd

I am in the middle of a H22A swap and i am trying to wire the motor right now, I am using the accord wireing harness and i have p13 ECU. There is a extra plug that was on the p13 ecu with four wires, (vtec right?) What exactly are they for? Also the lude's harness has some wires in the plugs that aernt there for the accord plugs. Do i have to swap some wires or something. Both cars were manual. I have been getting alot of different info and i am getting confused. Which wires need to be lengthened? Also did the JDM prelude use one or two o2 sensors? I bought a dc sports 4-2-1 header is it going to work. Sorry for all the ??? but any info will help. Thanks

Oh and i need the car done by Fri. :blink:

An extra plug on the ECU? There should only be three plugs...I think the 4th would be for an automatic car.

JDM vs. USDM has nothing to do with how many O2 sensors the car had. OBD1 has one O2 sensor, and OBD2 has two O2 sensors. Your header should work fine, but you may need to have your exhaust modified...not sure.

No extra plugs that I can think of, besides the one on your stock harness next to the distributor. Those were wires that used to go to your old distributor. You have to add four wires, and lengthen several others. The Knock sensor and VTEC pressure sensor are on the back of your engine, and the VTEC solenoid is close to the Distributor. There was one other wire for IAB?? on the driver's side of the intake manifold. All those needed to be ran into the ECU area and plugged into the proper pins. You need a P13 pinout. As for my exhaust. I bought a used stock downpipe from a prelude, and a piece that bolts up just after the downpipe, but before the cat. That piece includes a bung that holds your oxygen sensor. The wires for the oxygen sensor had to be lengthened to that point.

Good luck.

OBD1 JDM ECU'S come with 3 and 4 plug setups. The 4th plug is for the optional 4 wheel steering that was offered with the lude way back. i have a 4 prong p13 in my 92 accord automatic and its empty cuz the tranny has its own module (tcm).

Back