H22a 93-96/ 97-01 whats the difference?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jason C.

Can someone tell me what the difference is between an H22a 93-96 and a 97-01 whats the difference?

The H22A1 was offered in 93-96 Si VTEC Preludes. OBD1, 190 horsepower.

The H22A4 was offered in all 97-01 Preludes. OBD2, 195 horsepower, and some came equipped with an ATTS-equipped tranny.

How do I put a jdm 2000 prelude h22a into a 1994 prelude and get the wireing to work. I will have motor/tranny/wireharness/ecu. If I understand isn't this obd2 to obd1. Do they make a conversion harness to make it simple...and if so where can I get one? Thanks for the reply guys!!

yeah, they make a conversion harness. EBAY maybe?

But, do you have the harness all the way to the ECU? Sometimes those swaps come with the "engine half" of the harness, not the chassis half.

skunk2 makes obd2-obd1 conversion harness, if you'd like to go with a major name brand, there are a few other guys who make them. One side of the harness plugs into your new obd 1 ecu, then the other side is a bunch of wires (vtec, o2 sensor, etc.) that get spliced into the ob2 engine harness. You gotta get one for a 2000 prelude. I think they run around $200.

of course you can just rewire the motor to be obd-1 but you gotta get an OBD 1 distributor and injectors. then you can just use the 94 wire harness.

IF you are putting a 97 up motor into a 94 I believe thatyou would be changing the car over to the obd2 since that is what the motor is. cause I put an h22a1 into my 96 accord and the accord was obd2 and I had to change it to obd1 cause thats what the motor was.
Now consider this. you could get a jdm h22A1(obd1) and put it in without having to fuck with obd 1 or 2. Which is a pain in the ass. plus if you do find a new h22a4 its gonna cost an arm and a leg while you could get the h22a1 for about 2G's.
Think about it and look around.

Back