H22a 96 Civic Dx Hatch problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fondyboi

I'm recently getting a few problems with my H22A swap into 96 civic Dx hatch.
1. The radiator fan is not working.
2. Radiator hose are getting really hot quick. the bottom hose seem to be not getting any coolant at all, just empty and very hot. My coolant in the coolant tank is boiling.
3. When I drive around, at 3k to 5k rpm, it seems to be very slow, then it'll just pick up and go.
4. Engine seem to be overheating alot. It has gone to the 2nd mark past the middle one

I've replace the waterpump, and the thermostate. I've run out of ideas and options. I dont want to keep replacing parts and not finding the cause. A few friends of mine has suggested to replace the whole radiator unit. I've been thinking if it will be possible to fit a bigger radiator.
The car has some mods. AEM cold air intake, Complete MSD ignition system, AEM fuel rail and regulater and fuel injectors.

yeah, use a dual core rad w/ thin fan (universal) make sure its a high output fan ,thats what i had to do with my h22 swap,if this helps rep me up...

yeah, use a dual core rad w/ thin fan (universal) make sure its a high output fan ,thats what i had to do with my h22 swap,if this helps rep me up...

Thanks. I'm waiting for one I ordered to get here and see how it runs. I'll come back and rep you if it works out. But does anyone still know why the bottom radiator hose is really hot, but it seems to be empty? If i can just fix the heating issue, i'll be able to run it at the track. this has really put a damper on my summer driving.

sounds like a thermostat issue, just swap out thermostat for new,becuz looks like your thermostat is closed off and not opening up......

97h22dxcoupe

how is the ol'h22 running?

its running good,got that bracket yesterday and put it on now i took it out on the road and it kicks ass ,but still need to adjust my injector issues ,but once it warms up it halls ass....:burnout:

Back