1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22a Accord Downpipe Q

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by TaylorC01, Feb 28, 2003.

1. TaylorC01

TaylorC01 Senior Member

we just finished puttin' the h22a in to my friends accord.. its a 1994 model 4door sleeper.. anyways.. the question is we got the motor in but we need a downpipe.. we got the headers now all we need is the downpipe to connect the headers to the stock exhaust piping from the h22a?? anybody know where i can get one online or does anybody have one.. i wanna get this as soon as possible (ASAP) so i can drive this baby out in town!!!!!!

2. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

inline 4 cylinder motors have a header, there is only one, but if i was you i would have the car towed to your local exhaust shop and have them fabricate something. i dont know of any manufactured pipes

3. BlackJDMdeath

BlackJDMdeath Senior Member

i ran into this problem on my prelude when i dropped the h22a in there, i personally just got a dc ceramic coated header, fixed the problem right up :) good luck finding that h22a downpipe, i sure as hell couldnt locate one near me.

4. STEVECONLEY

STEVECONLEY Junior Member

use your accord down pipe, and take it to a shop so they can make a flange to connect the space between your header and accord down pipe, should only cost around 25-35 dollars

5. BlackJDMdeath

BlackJDMdeath Senior Member

sounds like a hack job to me... id rather just get a header, or get the right part :shrug:

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

I got lucky myself. :p I found a downpipe on Ebay for $10.50, and the guy only lived an hour and a half away, so I saved on shipping. It was a good move, because he had done the swap already, and helped me with some of the details. I just bolted up my H22A tonight. I have already swapped harnesses and stuff too, but I still need to wire those VTEC peices to the new ECU, and tidy up a buttload of loose ends.

7. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

:werd: :withstupid:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted