h22a all motor cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
a real crappy port job from somebody who rents coach/tour buses for a living.
dscn1086vp7.jpg

i love this hobby because everybody entitled to their own opnion

Last edited:
i very happy with it (stage 2).
8200rpm is pretty rev happy to me.
with rods i go for 9000 rpms. watch my jagged ports make power.

now who has used gude cams?

if i planned on using big jun cams then you would see a different port all around
but factory parts in my head don't require it. i have seen many h22a rev to 8500+. some are still running and some aren't.
and i already read all of the info that you keep posting. next time quote your own personal experience.
i wish i was 16 again.

Last edited:
altered, i will say this, blanco is right and you are wrong, and i will actually give you reasons as to why.

the f20c (s2000 engine) has a 84mm stroke and a 153mm rod, the h22 has a 90.7 mm stroke and a 143mm rod. The crank stroke alone should tell you why the s2000 can rev higher (longer rods make its compression go higher (even with a flat piston) allowing for more power at higher rpms.

thats part 1

part 2 is, the oil pump. The f20c's oil pump moves 95 liters of oil PER MINUTE. if our h22s could do something like that, id be all for you doing this build, but it cant. if you try to do this with that stock oil pump, youll hit 8500 and your engine's internals will come shooting out the side of your crankcase.

how bout you actually learn how this shit works before you start telling someone who does, that he's wrong.

I like you, really, your topics are fun to read, but in this case youre flat out wrong.

The question at hand here is HOW to make power at high rpms, and ive got that answer for you, but you are NOT going to like it.

Custom 89mm bore h22 pistons
Custom 146mm rods (so you have clearance if your mill and deck are shave .02")
f20b crankshaft
Type S Cams (why, because valve clearance will be a problem)
your homemade port and polish
blacktrax type r intake (or even TWM ITBs for the best result)

That will probably be able to rev into the 9k range safely, but the real question is LUBRICATION. Youll probably want to switch to a dry sump for something like this, just to be on the safe side.

If not, you can kiss your brand new engine good bye. no matter how good the build, without lube, itll all be under or behind your car in a matter of minutes.

S2000(F22C) NOT F20C has the same stroke #1
KMs oil pump flows alot more.#2
their are ways around the problems that you are stateing.
??????????Research??????
funny

Last edited:
high rev from the factory? maybe not
after careful mods though its not that impossible after all
everybody right(including me) nobody wrong
Know if i were building a engine for sombody else then caution is always best.
but if its for me then i will take my chances and share info so if i suceed everybody knows how.

yep thats the plan.
i will put it on the dyno see where it makes power at but the way i ported the head and the intake manifold along with the 74 mm throttle body that i am using should help with my goal.
one of the only reason that i love hondas is because of their ablity to rev. the s2000 has the same stroke and bore and revs very high(also it has longer rods,taller deck). the only reason i am building the engine is see if i can make power up their. if i take it to the dyno............
am i repeating my self or is it a echo

I am a very humble man and i even agreed with you. your right. i happen to have a accord that i am building and i don't mind trying different things. i am just on here trying to research cams. Has anybody speaking even upgraded their cam in a h22a before? i havent but i have in many other different different honda engines as well as other companies. now you want to tell me how i should build my engine. i value everybody opnions and i will heed your warning.
That doesn't change my mind but i will take further cautions.
now since This is a test engine why not test it.
if it blows i could easily put the head on the single cam block or use another one so why not. Now seeing that i am building a time bomb do you know which cam shaft will help my motor reach the rpms that i am looking for? you know my goals so if you think its imposible then help me out with ideas to suceed. thanks
if you think im screwed and say it once and leave it alone.
read my sig. It says it right their

werd...i got side tracked last night. i had hoped it wouldnt come to locking the thread, but i appreciate you keeping on this, lsvtec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back