H22a and spring rates

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dark93DX

does anyone know if progress alternate drop springs will be enough to handle the extra weight of the h22a?

The springs I have installed right now are progress alternate drop 1.5" front/rear and 238lbs/145lbs front/rear respectively.

Thanks

I'm not sure which Progress springs you're using exactly, but I know they make some specifically for the H22 into EG swap, so you may want to look into those. They sell them on Hasport's site.

I've already got these springs on the car, so I don't want to change them, just wanted to know if they would handle the extra weight of the h22.

I've already got these springs on the car, so I don't want to change them, just wanted to know if they would handle the extra weight of the h22.

Unless you're using the ones specifically designed for the H22 swap then yeah, you're probably gonna get some sagging in the front end. You'll just have to see how bad it is and whether the performance/height is acceptable to you or not...

thanks, I was initially setting it up for a b18c swap, but was tempted by the extra torque of the h22.

Yeah, the springs Progress makes for the H22 swap are wound 150 lbs tighter in the front then your current ones are, so there will probably be some sagging for sure...

Back