H22a Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ch3ch3

Hello ,I go by ch3ch3 i have an 96 civic ex coupe after debating about which swap to go with i have finally decided to go with the h22a. Some reasons being is that its a more rare than the b series swaps,Its better pricing on the engine thus the swap if you can do the swap yourself and Most importantly its stronger with more torque than the b series which is important because my ex is the heaviest of the ek's so the extra power and torque will help. With that being said i'd like for everyone to help and share your knowledge what is needed,what common probelms you run into and just any advice what so ever.I relized that i could have search forums which i have done but I'd like a more personal conversation and help If i have a question chance are it wont be answered quickly on a 2 year old post thats only looked at by other noobs that wants to learn. so please help anyway you can :)

I have almost the same questions, so I hope someone comes through with some help.

I have a 96 EX, have already ordered/received the H22 from japan and started the tear down since I am lacking mounts, and ecu, etc to actually put it in the car. Figured I'd throw it on the engine stand and get it all tore down, hot tanked, throw a couple mods in and dump her in the civic and hit the streets.

Surely wont be that simple so bump for some advice haha.

-Monstro:ph34r:

h22 vtec

hey i am having trouble with my jdm h22a in my 91 CB7. um i have had a cel for about three weeks now. its code 22 vtec oil pressure switch. at first i thought it was my silinoid tested it, it works fine. i try about everythin and i still have a CEL. my vtec engages but not to its full potential any suggestions

i have ur solution i have a jdm h22a i have for sale full swap still in my running car with aem fuel rail 450 dsm injectors aem underdive pulley chipped p28 with 2 step and launch control check engine light come on as shift light at 8200 rpm swap comes complete with axels motor trans harness shifter shifter cables and of course ecu also has a stage 3 3puck clutch in it from act engine is still in my running car and runs consistant 13.7 in the quarter also car is in a 99 ek hatch so ill take it out u come get it it will be a drop in plug up and go engine swap if need to be u can come see the car run only reason im selling is i have a fully built and boosted k24 and have no need for this motor if any intrest pm me or email me at onemadplaya@hotmail.com also for sale thread is on here if u wanna see it

Back