H22a Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The problem is, no one here has done it. To my knowledge, anyway. It would be nice if we could get some firsthand experience.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 15 2003, 03:33 PM
The problem is, no one here has done it. To my knowledge, anyway. It would be nice if we could get some firsthand experience.

:p all in due time, but even after that people will bitch

Hehehe.

That's a killer movie. That's one hell of a sleeper. Get rid of those foglights and it's stock on the exterior. I like the text at the beginning - "Purpose: It CAN turn fine." :lol:

If I can sell my self on the handling issues .. I hope to have a h22a in by the end of the summer.

ummm ok
it didnt look like it was doing a great job on the corners ... looked like he was slowing down a LOT and he was still understeering like crazy.... that thing had a shit load of plow it some pretty light corners... any time he turned the wheel all you heard were the tires squeeling and he was only going about 20.... i would like to see what other cars were running on that same track i bet you'd see about a 4-5 sec lower time at least

like ive said a thousand times it handles fine for normal driving but it sucks ass for hard cornering ... that video pretty much proved it for me

i'll say it one more time...

its not the added weight that makes the h22 suck, its the position it sits in, even with a mount kit. it sits more far forward- thus putting more weight in front of the fron axel line.
any pound over the front throws the balance of the car off 2-fold. weight in between the axels is sem-neutral. do you see what im saying now?
so take the extra 100 lbs from d to h22 swap...
put a good part of it in front of the drive axles as the h22 sits...
and in realizty, you are putting about 2-300 pounds extra on the front, and takign it off the rear.
why not just 200? well, not much of the d-series goes in front of it- half of the h-series does.

this is my point.
and i bet a stock cx hatch would OWN that h22 civic in that course.

id also like to add it was only his 2nd or 3rd time autoxing. everyone has their own opinions..i think otherwise :p

although you might think that sinse i am new to this sight i am new to hondas i actually have been arround a while. anyway to my point. the h22 doesn't sit any further forward than even a D series motor does and it actually site further back than the D series. yes it does weigh more but that makes very little diferense if you have the common sense to upgrade your suspension. i know that it isn't in everyones budget but a good set of coilover will definetly cure most of the understeer.

will it understeer more with the H22 possably but it will not be bad enough to effect driving if you are a half way tallented driver. another tip would be to put an LSD into your h22 civic and that would virtually eliminate understeer.

As was said before, the problem is that no one here has actually done it. It's all the heresay and assumption on both sides of the argument. paragus will have the swap done soon and will be able to give us some hard facts.

woo hooo.. sometime next month hopefully..i need a fucking header!!! :angry:

Well, at least personal experience will give us better results than saying "Well, because of conditions a, b and c, the car will behave like this".

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 20 2003, 10:10 PM
but he's already biased.

is it that obvious?? :lol: no but seriously i will try to be as neutral as possible

basicly what it comes down to is... how good do you want/need the car to turn .... what one person might consider fine or really good, another person might think is absolute shit.... me im a handling freak.... turning ability is more important than acceleration to me, i would rather drive a relativly slow car that turns really well (lotus elise) than a really fast car that handles like ass (trans am)..... but thats just me...

Back