H22a Cold Start Problems Please Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmclude

What's up peoples, it's been a sec since I have been on the forum. I need some guidence. I successfully swapped an h22a into my accord a couple years back. The only engine code I was throwing was EGR related. Fastfowarding to this past year. As it got cold my car did not want to start. I would take the plugs out and they would be wet from gas. I wasn't sure if some sensor on the car was telling the car to dump fuel when it didn't need to. Since then to try and correct the problem using advice and gut feelings, I replaced or rebuilt the entire distributor, coolant temp sensor, fast idle valve, spark plug wires, fuel pump, fuel filter spark plugs, oil pressure sensor, ECU and I am still having this starting issue (only when the temp begins to drop). The only known issues I know are the egr valve according to the ecu may be having some issues (low/high lift something) and I have a small crack in my exahust manifold. Both of these issues I think are separate from my starting problem. Has anyone experienced cold start issues that they were able to resolve? If so I am in dire need of help since winter will be fast approaching in months to come. Thanks Paul

what kinda spark plugs are you using?

i know youve done a lot, but it sounds like a spark issue to me.

Regular NGKs the manual calls for. It can't be spark because the car starts when its not cold. I am thinking its still coolant temp issue, the sensor is not giving the ecu a correct reading which is flooding the motor since the plugs smell like straight gas once stop trying to start it. I just through it up thinking someone may have had the same issue. Thanks for the thought, but plugs have been ruled out already.

did you already gap them. if the gap is wrong the engine still will start in warm weather but will have trouble starting in cold weather. the gap is 1-1.1 mms

Back