h22a cover swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BLKWDW

if i put the h22a engine into a crx i heard that there is major understeer cause of the weight....what can i do if anything to try to make it better. another question..if i put the type s h22a red cover what would that do to performance of the engine?

Originally posted by BLKWDW@Aug 10 2003, 11:14 PM
if i put the type s h22a red cover what would that do to performance of the engine?

please tell me your kidding.......

you know it'll add like 20 hp to the wheels! :lol:

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Aug 10 2003, 11:20 PM
well a cover gives you 20-30 hp
and that body has to be good for 50-60 hp so your set

beat me to it, hahaha :lol:

Next, you need downforce to handle all the power--may I suggest a high quality APC 56" Aluminum wing, a great investent to keep from drifting too bad.

ya learning's fun lol....the wing that i tend to put on comes with the Ground effects Black Widow wide body kit that i want to put on check that out see if its good enough
thx for the help

Originally posted by BLKWDW@Aug 10 2003, 11:14 PM
if i put the h22a engine into a crx i heard that there is major understeer cause of the weight....what can i do if anything to try to make it better. another question..if i put the type s h22a red cover what would that do to performance of the engine?

:wtf: :bo: :hmm:

Get a mugen valve cover for 800 YoO, from what E told me it either dissapates/distribuites oil properly when it is splashed on :)

But honestly the H22 into a CRX I think would be a little pain in the ass especially if this is your first time EVER swapping. The Jspecs' of the H22's have a more aggressive cam profile, higher compression and that nets you the extra 20hp.

Good luck,

Milan

Back