H22a Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havoc

I bought a 1996 civic EX 4DR from a buddy who put an H22a in it, then a couple weeks ago i bought a Del Sol. I want to put my time and money into the del sol, so im gunna swap the d16z6 out of it, and naturally im thinking of putting that H22a into it. ive been doing research and ive heard the handeling sucks with the h22a in the del sol, and i was also wondering if the hood closes ok and if there is good clearence from the ground to the oil pan. Doing the swap won't be the a probelm for me, its just deciding the best thing to do to for my del sol. Would i have room to turbo the sol with the h22a? Any help or information would be greatly appretiated, thanks alot!

Del Sol H22a swap

This is not a reply as much as a piggyback on your question. I have a 95 Del Sol Si with 187,000 on the stock engine. Because of the mileage, I'm looking at the cost/benefit of an engine swap. When I see used a H22a with 200 hp I'm thinking that's a LOT of power without having to do extensive engine tweeks. Two questions: Is putting the H22a in a Del Sol not as good of an idea as it seems on the surface? And, if so, what would be a better option?
Any advice is much appreciated!

The H22a is a great candidate for a swap in a Civic, or Del Sol. The weight difference is hardly noticeable once the engine is in the car. I think the overall weight difference is like 40lbs or something close to that.

If you already have a Sol setup for the D16z6, the swap will be a breeze.

To answer both of your questions, yes, the H22a is a great engine to swap into the Sol.

i would agree, and as mentioned in another similar post, with a little time and some suspension knowledge, any understeer or handling issues can be tuned out with the proper suspension.

Back