H22a Dizzy guts into f22a6 dizzy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Oreellyfool

Just another car junkie
Car - accord 90 LX

So I had a h22a in my car and it had the internal coil distributor. Now I pulled the h22a and put in a f22a6 which has the external coil distributor. I am still using my stock harness so I prefer an internal coil.

I remember reading somewhere that you can take the guts from an a1 internal coil distributor and put it into an a6 external coil distributor and it will work.

But my question is can I take the guts from an h22a internal coil and put them in a a6 external coil distributor and have it work?

Thanks

Nevermind I figured it out.
But those of you who wonder if it worked. IT DID.
So it took me 2 tries.
1.) I took the complete inside of the h22a dizzy and put it in the f22a6 dizzy..... it did not work.
2.) I tore them back apart and figured out the shafts, while at a quick glance look identical, they are not, the hole at the end that the pin goes through it about 30-50 degrees off from each other. So I removed the f22 shaft and put it in the with the h22 parts in the f22 dizzy housing and it worked, started right up.
I am almost positive this could go other ways as well, f22 into an h22. I am just happy I did not have to spend $85 on a junk yard dizzy.
DSCN1237.jpg

Back