H22a ECU PROBLEMS PLEASE HELPP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I need help i had a 1993 h23 non vtec motor in my prelude. i swapped a h22a vtec motor in my car. the h22a wiring harness was cut. i had a professional drop the engine in my car and use my existing harness in my car. he has the p14 ecu running off of it b/c when i hooked the p13 ecu it does not work. i know the ecu works. when i plug the p13 up all the lights come on there is a lot of lag. and it backfires. how can i fix it. i think i need to rewire the whole thing. any SUGGETSIONs PLEASE. this has been going on for over a year!!! i am driving a vtec motor on a non vtec ECU. what wiring diagram do i need? what pin out chart do i need? i have a 1993 prelude. w/ a 93 h22a motor. PLEASE HELP!!!

I'm a little confused as to exactly what happened. Please be a little more clear in explaining your problem and your setup.

You're saying that you're running an H22A with an H23A1 ECU, and that it's running like crap? Did I decipher that correctly?

The first thing to do would be to plug in a P13 ECU and see what that does.

If that's not possible, try pulling all the codes you're throwing to try to troubleshoot.

Unfortunately, you didn't do the install yourself, so it's going to be kinda tough to diagnose your problems, since the "professional" that did your install obviously fucked one or more things up.

Back