1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22a ecu ??

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by bman112305, Jun 10, 2008.

1. bman112305

bman112305 New Member

i just put in a jdm h22a (obd1) motor in my 96 prelude si non v-tech the problem is they sent me a AT ecu with the motor and my car is a 5speed MT the company street imports told me it wasn't a big deal it would still work but i seem to think otherwise.i dont want to wire everything all up and have a problem, any comments or help would be appreciated

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You'll probably have a check engine light if you try to use the automatic ECU. Also, did you convert your car to OBD1? A 96 is OBD2, so if you didn't do a conversion, then that ECU isn't going to work well for you...

3. bman112305

bman112305 New Member

yea i bought a obd1 ecu and the jumper harness to convert it to obd1 from obd2 i just dont want to have any problems using a AT ecu when the car is MT. . i also have some questions about the wireing because the motor is out of a 95 accord and my car is a prelude all the connectors from the car to the motor match except one (which is square shaped and the motor connectors are all circle. i have no clue what i am suppose to do any and all information would be helpfull..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted