1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22a ek HELP

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by riceburner5, Aug 21, 2005.

1. riceburner5

riceburner5 Junior Member

i just got done installing a obd1 h22a in my 97 civic with a obd2 to obd1 conversion harness on p13 ecu, and when i started it up the rpm just start to climb up to 4000 rpm and stays there. now, i checked my throttle cable and there's still slack on them. what else could be causing this. pls. i need help and any advice would be helpful. thanks in advance.

2. irhavok

irhavok Member

i know its really gay, and youll feel really dumb if its the case but i think its happened to everyone i know.... Make sure you dont have your TPS and MAP sensor plugs backwards....

3. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

4. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

you might also check out the idel screw on the throttle body its just above the inlet facing the passanger side.

5. riceburner5

riceburner5 Junior Member

thanks guys, i found my problem. it was my tps sensor, i replaced that sensor when the motor arrived cause it got damaged during the shipment and it was out of tolerance. yea, i swapped my tps and map plugs at my last swap but this time i made sure so i wrote on the plug itself, thanks though. but thanks everybody for your inputs.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted