h22a engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shawty

i was wondering wat i need to completly re-build my engine. ex: cam gears, cam shafts(everything liek that) thanks:)

sleeves, pistons (9:1 CR pistons from cp, je, wiseco), rods (eagle, carillo, probe), cams (comp custom or crower stage 2t), cam gears (doesnt really matter), valves, springs and retainers (id recommend manley or ferrea), and then there is turbo selection and kit and nitrous selection and kit.

I hope you dont want this to be a daily driver...high horsepower h22s are a bitch on the street. especially with the clutch that you will have to buy. (id also recommend a new lsd)

anything else?

thats a bitch on the track...much less the street. if you ask questions like that, you might wanna rethink your plan.

Put it this way, oaks racing has a 10.9 second prelude (slicks and bars) and that thing is pushing 788 to the wheels. they have SERIOUS traction problems...on slicks, and they break axles all day long. How hard do you think something like that would be to drive on the street. Be smart, be responsible. Shoot for 12s. Life isnt the fast and the furious. 12 second street cars are very respectable, no matter what you drive.

Put it this way.

A ferrari 360 runs a low 13-high 12, an 04 cobra runs a high 12, a lotus esprit v8 runs a high 12, and a toyota supra runs mid 13s. Those are all stock times of course, but believe me, if you have a 12 second prelude (or civic), there arent many people that are gonna give you shit for that.

750hp in a civic will put you into the low 10/high 9 range with a good launch wheelies bars and a chassis that is stiffer than fuck

400-500 is respectable and it will lay some people on their asses. That also doesnt mean that you have to run your boost at 20 psi all day, you can knock it down to 10, load a new map and be ready to go for every day driving.

you might wanna put thought into this before you jump head first and waste a LOT of money.

Back