H22a Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicvx

ok i am swaping a jdm h22a in later this year into my 92vxhatch. i am wanting to hit 11's on a daily driven car and i am planning on building up the motor. after the swap i will have about $8-10k to play with,no i am not rich i have worked my ass off for the last year to get this working 80hrs a week, i am wanting to know what are some things that you guys recomend to do to get it to 11's, i am planning i/h/e and upgrading the fuel system and ignition system, a hondata ecu,fluidine radiator,FAL fan, stage 2 cams,cam gears,pulleys,port & polish,3-angle valve job, and up grading the head, what one of my main questions are is can i raise my redline to 9k rpms and if so wht do i need to do this?i am gettin racing axles so that is of no prob if it can handle the power, also i am loosing the a/c but keeping the heater. any ideas and help would be great.

ok, ofcourse upgrade fuel and ignition and then go for the internals like pistons and rods from a reputtable company and if you want to get creative, bored a little maybe go to 90mm or just keep stock bore. if your wanting 11s with ease, turbo is my suggestion with a little nitrous if your a power freak like me but youll have to be built heavily. port and polish the head and add crower or skunk 2 valve train. equal-length tubular manifold would be nice and research your parts before you buy. then id go for hondata or something similar. well that pretty much is my plan but iv only got the nitrous part of the equation which is nice. let me know if you have any other questions. correct me if im wrong on anything i said!! :worthy:

I say start with a B series since there is a lot more support in the aftermarket for, There really isn't a best choice but as far as just dropping in a motor and driving straight then you really can't beat 2.2 liters bone stock. The thing is H,B, and D series have all seen 11's and 10's.

Milan

NHRA and the others are barely hittin 10.5's all-motor with traction bars and all sorts of non-street legal stuff.......you'll need to go forced induction to hit 11's on the street with this combo............theres a talk about the L'Natural CRX going on in anything goes,this is supposedly the fastest all motor CRX http://www.l-natural.com/

you say that i would have to go turbo to hit 11's, well you think that my car only weights right at 2000lbs( 2094 if you want to be precise) stock h22a will make me hit low 13's with the things that i have posted i should easly hit 11's, ass for the crx being the fastest fwd, your wrong i know some people puerto rico that has a daily driven '86 crx with and all motor b18b that hit a 10.0 flat on street tires, you can call me a liar and say i have no clue of what i am talking about but i do and yes this has happened, the same ppl that built that took a 1.6L single over head cam vtec built the bottom end up through on a turbo with 15 psi and ran 11.31. hitting 11's should be no prob with this motor and even leaving the bottom end alone, if not i got a shop that can garentee it and i will post a pic up here just to prove ya wrong,if you think that you need a turbo to get this that fast your wrong and as being a n/a that will keep it more reliable which i want and if i did turbo it that would cost more money than i am willing to spend right now, later yes but not right now. i am wanting to keep the bottom end alone right now cause i don't want to resleeve it yet. so if you can tell me anything esle that might help me it would be great.

put some type S pistons in there, raise compression a lil... get a h22a euro intake mani, or wait for hte skunk2 one to come out....

Ok, First off, maybe I'm misenterpreting your tone, if so I appologize. But you sound really defensive in you reply to "Deth101". He was just pointing out that it's damn hard to hit 11's without the help of FI. It may seem easier than it really is.

stock h22a will make me hit low 13's with the things that i have posted i should easly hit 11's

Here is a little more of my opinion. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just trying to be informative through a little constructive criticizm. If a stock h22a does indeed put you in the low 13's then that's great, but it's not going to be "easy"(as you put it) to shave off 2 full seconds especially if you want to leave the bottom end stock! I really truly believe you're over-estimating what this setup is gonna do for you. Don't get me wrong, it will be a fast car! However, it WILL NOT hit 11's with a stock bottom and and no FI.

i know some people puerto rico that has a daily driven '86 crx with and all motor b18b that hit a 10.0 flat on street tires

STREET TIRES?????? are you sure about that man? Not trying to doubt you but that sounds a little too good to be true! 10 seconds is DAMN fast and I can't even begin to imagine pulling that off on street tires. There's absolutely no way you'd get traction with that kind of power! If this is true, I appologize for doubting you. Please post a little evidence to back this up!

Good luck on reaching your goals! It's gonna be a very difficult and expensive journey!

woah little bit o coffe for ya?

I'm proven wrong all the time :D and thats why I said "supposedly" the fastest crx.

as far as your redline the common belief is w/titanium retianers and silicon springs you can rev up till 10,000, not experience talking.... I know in my 71 dart I redline at 8600 and bust titanium springs and retianers so often I went back to steel ones so I olny halft to pull my head off 2-3 times a year not every 2 weeks.I myself am wanting to raise my redline and so far really like what I see of the crane roller follower system but dont have the cash yet so again no exp.

h22 is also what I wanted but dont have the cash.....when I was asking about this swap lots of people told me that it will do 12's on the stock intake,I have yet to see this but any number of factors could be behind that,its still my dream swap and sounds like you're gonna do it right so the best of luck and at least check out the crane roller follower as I would like to see some more info also, it looks promising although I havent even looked for a h22 applicationon it

Without time slips to prove it, there is no way I am going to believe that CRX with a B18B is hitting 10s on street tires. What kind of setup do you claim he is running?

Back