H22A idle n vtec problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM92Lude

Banned
hey all, ok so the other day my h22a started idling at 2500rpm, i changed throttle bodies and it fixed the problem for a day. now it is idling at 3000rpms... i've checked all my vaccuum lines and there is no leaks, when i plug the TPS sensor in it starts jumping idle from 800rpm-3500rpm??? VTEC also doesnt want to engage sometimes, don't understand that one... i'm just getting to frustrated with it to take the time and figure it out myself, anybody have any suggestions or think they might know what it is?

Last edited:
it could be your fitv valve or your iacv valve. fitv is the fast idle thermo valve located under the opening of the throttle body with two coolant lines run to it remove it there is a plastic thing in it that comes loose clean it and put it back in using a flat bit screw driver screw it back in until snug and tight and us a gasket make apply around fitv bolt back on to throttle body hook back up coolant check for coolant level in radiator. start engine and check for coolant and air leaks if it is not that it the iacv try this and let me know the results

the IACV is located on the intake manifold isn't it? if so, i've already replaced that twice, but i will try the FITV here this afternoon, thanks for the help.

ALSO, CAN ANYBODY GET A VACUUM DIAGRAM FOR THE 92-96 PRELUDES? MY VACUUM LINES ARE ALL ROUTED WRONG, thank you much.

for your vtec problem check the vyec selnoid or the vtec oil pressure switch or u might have to replace both they are right beside the distrubtor ok

high idling problem

sounds like you might need the vacuum hoses at the correct places. i had that trouble when i did my swap too but i solved it by experimenting placing each hose at a different connection till it works. thats one way to do it

Find diagrams of both cars vacuum charts. You could also have an intake manifold leak too, creates symptoms just like vacuum leak (especially because yours is idling sooooo high)

Back