H22A Ignition Coil/ICM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolh22

Ok, I have H22A 92-96 OBD1. i got no sparks on all for of my spark plugs. I took the dist. cap off to check the ICM, i found the ICM and tested that. This could be the problem. While going down the list, it says to check the IGNITION COIL. Where is this coil located? It says that it has a 4 pin plug, the only thing i can find INSIDE the dist. cap is a 2 wire plug w/ a little spring on it. Is this it? Or am I blind and cannot find the Ign. coil? Help me out.. What do you think that's causing it not to have spark on all 4 plugs? :confused:

My buddy had the same problem is the distributor aftermarket if it is then its probably the wiring going into the dist. The coil is the 2 wire plug with the little spring. If the wiring to the dist. is all good then it could be the dist. or the spark plug wires or the plugs could be bad. With everything still installed touch the tip of the plug where it sparks and touch it to bare metal and have someone turn over the motor this is the only way to get it to spark cause it needs a ground to spark.

Last edited:
Back