h22a in 6gen 4door civ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

butterfinger

Has anyone swaped an h22a into a 6th gen 4 door civic before? And how did it go, what did you need to swap it(any extra mounts..etc), is it worth it?....etc..

do some reading and searching and you'll find tons of info I'm sure.
Any H series into any civic is going to require alot of extra parts and work

it is not worth it IMO, just go with something that fits like a B16 or B18 and you won't have as many headaches

thnx for the replies. but civicious, i read on a different site that you could fit a/c and power stearing...is this true or just a lie? if it is then what is the "best" motor for a 6gen 4-door civic?

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 24 2003, 07:35 PM
i have no earthly idea dude...this is just what was told to me...when i first started gettin shit together for my swap, i was lookin at dropping an H22, but it looked like a NIGHTMARE...the H and K series motors tild forward, and B series tilt back (i think thats right...might be vice-versa)....i ended up going with a B16A, which is an OBD0 motor and a NIGHTMARE, but im sure a H22 would be even more of a pain. either way, i still went without a/c or p/s...in a 4dr you gotta get rid of EVERYTHING that's not necessary & takes up space and weight

damn...thnx for the heads-up :thumbsup:

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 24 2003, 11:35 AM
i have no earthly idea dude...this is just what was told to me...when i first started gettin shit together for my swap, i was lookin at dropping an H22, but it looked like a NIGHTMARE...the H and K series motors tild forward, and B series tilt back (i think thats right...might be vice-versa)....i ended up going with a B16A, which is an OBD0 motor and a NIGHTMARE, but im sure a H22 would be even more of a pain. either way, i still went without a/c or p/s...in a 4dr you gotta get rid of EVERYTHING that's not necessary & takes up space and weight

damn, you're putting in an obd0 motor in an obdII car?? what tranny are you using?

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 24 2003, 12:23 PM
5spd out of a 94 Integra LS....not as good as a gsr, but a lot friendlier on the wallet.

LS tranny has horrible gearing for NA

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 24 2003, 02:18 PM
im hopin its good for turbo...i have a t3/t4 with an intercooler, i jus gotta get a new downpipe....i read somewhere-dont know if it was true or not-that the taller gearing that the LS tranny has is better for turbo

for turbo, that has been a debate for a while... some say its better some say worse, you should let us know how you like it when you do yours :)

I still say the longer gearing is worse, a GSR tranny would be a good way to go.

Milan

Back