H22A in 91 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4dracattack

I've read that a H22A will fit in the 91 integra and that its not the most difficult swap. Now I am interested in knowing more, and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

yea, you'll need a mount kit, prelude intermediate and inner axles with integra outer axles, p13 ecu, and wiring, as well as the prelude or accord tranny

you may want a bigger accord radiator too

hope this helps...

radiator should be fine, theres a couple people around here running h22 eg with stock radiators and no problems, and they're even smaller

welcome to HS :wave:

i would highly not recommend this swap.

if you do some research on the H22 you will come to learn that it is a pig. its a huge, heavy motor. not to mention the fact that its pitched backwards something fierce. the pitch puts a whole pile of the weight in front of the axels, which is not good.

if you have a 91 teg, and money for a swap, i highly recommend keeping your LS and boosting it. An LS/T is a deadly setup. and if you have relatively low miles, you can te turbo for less than what the swap would cost. and it would be a lot more fun.

I concur, the H22 is not as flexible as even a B18A/B. If you want a newer motor, I would suggest a B18B from a newer Integra, like a 99+ (just for "newness") and a junkyard turbo setup. For about the same price as a B18C VTEC swap and much less than a H22 swap, you will get much more power and ALOT less hassle. The H22 is not "da bomb". It only took a year for my buddy to go thru a SC and a F Max turbo kit on his 2001 Prelude to find out how easy the H22 can fail under 7-8 PSI in less than 6000 miles. Now he is looking for a gen 2 Teg because he is fed up with the H22. Not that it is a BAD motor, it's just not the best.

Back