H22a in 92 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

in4ni

I would like to install an H22A in my 92 Civic. Will there be any major problems i should expect? Also later down the road i would like to install a turbo, is that feasible?

Thank you

There is only one real problem when installing an h22a and that is fitment. It will be a tight squeeze but it will fit with light body modification. You will also need to get stiffer springs up front to support the added weight of the h series motor. If u plan on doing autox, dont do this swap. this swap is basically only for people who wanna go fast in a straight line.

one more thing: if u dont already have vtec then there will be a little bit of wiring issues but nothing to worry about because its very minimal.

yes, you can turbo the engine and I know for sure that you can have power steering. Now for A/C... I don't know. Also, there is some cutting that you have to do to the area under your shifter, to accept the preludes cable shifter. You also have to have the H22 P/S hose mated to the civic hose... Other than that, the swap is pretty easy.

Hope this helps. ;)

Its only close on the drivers side shock tower and you have to cut the transmission mount in half and drill a hole and also what scottp11 said. Anyone with a half a brain can accomplish this.

Oh and the only real problem is the oil pan and header hanging down so low.

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@Jul 26 2004, 03:37 AM
Its only close on the drivers side shock tower and you have to cut the transmission mount in half and drill a hole and also what scottp11 said. Anyone with a half a brain can accomplish this.

Oh and the only real problem is the oil pan and header hanging down so low.
[post=368108]Quoted post[/post]​

how bad is it with your set up you have and how can i fix that if im going to do the same to my 92 CX hatch?

Back