H22A IN 98 CIVIC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicfuck

I HAVE A 99 JDM H22A ALREADY IN A 98 CIVIC EX BUT THE NEW ENGINE CAME WITH LSD IS THERE ANYWAY TO HOOK IT UP CAN ANYBODY HELP

you dont "hook up" LSD to anything. if its allready installed on the transmission then thats all you need. and for god's sake, take off your damn caps lock.

WELL IF THE LSD IS ALREADY HOOKED UP... THEN WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH THE CONNECTORS THAT COME OFF OF IT, THERE IS 5 CONNECTORS THAT COME FROM THE BIG CLUNKY FUCK THATS IN PLACE OF THE INTERMEDIATE SHAFT, AND THEY CONNECT TO ONE LARGER CONNECTOR. AND THERE IS ALSO 2 LINES, MAYBE FLUID LINES, THAT COME OFF THE LSD AND GO AROUND TO THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE, THEY WERE CUT OFF AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM. :huh:

thats not an LSD then. an LSD is inside your transmisson and is mechanical, not electronic. sounds like the ATTS maybe, in which case you have bigger issues then wiring it up. ive heard that no axle combination will work, but i could be wrong as im not an expert on h22's. im sure dohcvtec_accord would know.

and one more thing. TAKE OFF YOUR DAMN CAPS LOCK!!!! its annoying as fuck and wont get your question answered any faster.

It's honda's version of an electronic traction control. My friend has a prelude SH with a 5sp. and in the past year he has had to have the entire ATTS system replaced like 4 times. its shit.

DUDE! wtf are you talking about? to me is sounds like you are talking about the air conditioning compressor unit. but when you talk about it it sounds like you cut the A/C lines your self and huffed the refrigerant that shot out of it. Sorry to be an ass but learn wtf you are talking about then ask questions. :angry:

the ac compressor is on the front of the block you idiot. i didnt have lsd before and someone told me thats what is was. if i knew the fucking answers i wouldn't ask the question. the thing i am talking about is underneath the intake manifold and in between the two axles. is this the atts then?

CRX_B16B: he asked what ATTS is, i told him.

civicfuck: Are you sure that this motor came with an LSD, or did it come from a prelude type S/ SH with the ATTS system?

post some pics so we know what you are talking about, if you don't have a D-cam get a manual for the engine and read what it has to say.

Originally posted by civicfuck@Oct 16 2003, 07:49 PM
the engine came from a prelude type s

are you sure its the prelude type s and not a regular SH with a red valve cover? the type s' didnt have that atts bullshit. well it could be the type s engine, but it sounds like you have the SH tranny at the very least. in any case, its not an LSD, and LSD doesnt have elictrical connections, like i said before its mechanical and is inside the tranny. get some pics.

if it has a yellow valve cover it did come with the ATTS system, and is to be avoided at all costs when looking at H22 swaps.

BS thats waht i thought, but i was wrong, and i wont forget the day i saw a B18c from new zealand that had a Green valve cover.

the Euro accords that had ATTS came with yellow valve covers.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Oct 16 2003, 08:15 PM
BS thats waht i thought, but i was wrong, and i wont forget the day i saw a B18c from new zealand that had a Green valve cover.

the Euro accords that had ATTS came with yellow valve covers.

can anyone else confirm this? pics?

i have the type s ecu but the wires are from my civic with a jumper to connect them. it is a jdm type-s and not a euro accord type-r i am sure of it. so if i should avoid this atts is there a way to take it off or can you just leave it unhooked?

Back