h22a in civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crazi_e

Ok well my problem starts when i turn on my car. takes a couple seconds to turn over. I wait for it to warm up and as soon as it does, it starts surging from 1000-1600..its realli annoying. Also there is a hissing noise like there is a leak sumwhere but i cant realli tell where its cuming from. its sumwhere around the intake manifold by the butterfly valve. On the thorttle body i know of 3 valves that need hoses connected to them, but i dont have them on..i kno this might be causing my motor 2 surge but i covered them up and nothing. i have a map sensor block off so that hose isnt needed. When i take off it seems like my pedal is super stiff so i try giving it gas and it harshly jerks the car forward. I tried adjusting the throttle cable and no solution. When im driving i smell fuel, but i kno that my header has a crack in it. Any help to ease my car from this horror is appreciated

it sounds like you have an vac. leak make sure all you vac ports have either a hose going to somewhere or a cap on it, use zip ties to tighten them for extra insurence, and you said you have map sensor block off, I dont understand what that is, you have to have a map sensor that is one of you main sensor that make it run, thats probally the reason you smell gas, so hook your map up and tie your hoses and caps on and if that dont work take some wd 40 and spray on your gaskets on your intake manifold while the car is runing and if the running patturn changes that gasket is leaking. also check your evap can and your butterfly can for leaks. also check your tps. but for your pedal getting stiff I dont know just check it for kinks of stuff binding it up. if you need further help let me know I will post a pic of my engine bay so you can see my vac lines and how they go. I to have a h22a in a 92 civic hatch and drive it everyday.

Last edited:
no more sticking pedal..throttle cable was spining and sticking
found out what was leaking with brake cleaner..have sum type of block off that was not sealed right..so imma juss silicone it up and see how it goes

gotta be careful with those map sensor vaccum hoses bro. I didn't know mine was disconnected and the fuel mixture was affected. I opened the hood and my header was glowing red and now the valves in my head are all warped and the car sputters instead of runs. Never ren your honda with disconnected vaccum hoses...take it from me.

H22A in 93 civic DX coupe

Hello i plan on putting a H22A into my 93 civic DX coupe and I was wondering what the difficulty is. I plan on buying the motor from street imports, as they supply all of the necessairy motor mounts for the job. I was also wonder what trim turbo would I get for the H22A, keeping in mind I would like to get around 300 HP out of around 5-6 psi.

The engine mounts you use are going to make all the difference in the world so make sure that you like the way the engine sits in the engine bay first before you go out and get it. You need to look at clearances because the H22A is a bigger motor. Your tranny is going to sit a lot lower and could end up scrapping everytime you go over a bump, or it could be too high where you will have to have a custom made hood. If you get it just right the tranny and header will just miss speed bumps and you can close your hood if you get an SiR hood. Now you also have to look at the Angle the engine is going to sit...will it be level or leaned back or what? Will there be enough room in the front of the engine for the clutch release lever, the alternator, the radiator, radiator fan, and most importantly the turbo and turbo manifold? Good luck. When it is done, you will know how worth it it is. I love my H22A.

Back