h22a in ep civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ishnit686

hey i have just scrounged up enough money to afford an engine swap, and i have the oppurtunity to purchase a prelude front clip. can you do an h22 swap into a 2001 civic? ive seen it done numerous times in 1992-2000 civics but never in a 2001. does anybody know of this swap being done before? can ya give me an idea of (1) if it'll work and (2) how much of a pain in the ass its gonna be?

or do you think id just be better off with a nice b16a or 18c? i know itd be easier, but shit, its an h22......................

you can not swap a h22a or b18b or b18c or b16a into a 2001 the only thing that i know of that you can swap into a 2001 civic is a k20 or the same engine that came in it. the k20 run really high right now but i think that the best thing for you to do is selll it and get a civic form the 92-00 years

:withstupid:

Should've stuck with the older civics.

Being the owner of an 02 Civic myself, that's what I should've done, but I've grown to love my Civic and I don't wanna get rid of it. Besides, a year or two from now, those K20 bishes should come down in price... :ph34r:

The new engine's are king, the K-series owns all, just wait it out till the price drops, trust me, you will not be dissapointed.

How well would a k20a run on a civic 01 coupe if it we're to have that engine swap, i like to get mine done since i have an 01 civic. ;)

i disagree....the k series isnt shit.....im failful to the ol' b and h series, if you want to do a swap, buy and older civic or spend the extra money to get the k series. IMO h owns k....the mods are endless and can get some great numbers from them. the k20 in your civic should run pretty well. im not to sure but im thinkin like low 14s but i know h22 runs 13s out of the box in a civic.....my .02 cents

Wow.... love the misinformation in this thread.

First off, by design and already documented performance from mild mods, K >>> H, B, D whatever. It's a newer better engine. That is all.

You CAN put a B or H block into a 2001 and still be legal- and people have done the B already. You probably are better off getting a K block though. Support is starting to pop up for this swap, and the K20 is a better platform to start with than a B or H.

Originally posted by mwvnos@Dec 1 2003, 02:05 AM
i disagree....the k series isnt shit.....im failful to the ol' b and h series, if you want to do a swap, buy and older civic or spend the extra money to get the k series. IMO h owns k....the mods are endless and can get some great numbers from them. the k20 in your civic should run pretty well. im not to sure but im thinkin like low 14s but i know h22 runs 13s out of the box in a civic.....my .02 cents

do yo have any info on where they put a b in to a 2001 civic im not calling you a liar i just would like to see it

I've not seen any pictures at ALL about a B-series dropping into an 01 Civic. I've only heard it to be a rumour, but I do know that Hasport is working on mounts to drop a B-series into an 01+ Civic. Release date was supposed to be sometime around winter of this year, but I haven't heard anything at all about it. Gotta check the website...

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 1 2003, 04:00 PM

First off, by design and already documented performance from mild mods, K >>> H, B, D whatever. It's a newer better engine. That is all.

You CAN put a B or H block into a 2001 and still be legal- and people have done the B already. You probably are better off getting a K block though. Support is starting to pop up for this swap, and the K20 is a better platform to start with than a B or H.

Yes, but just because something is newer doesn't necessarily mean better... :p.

Originally posted by jiahanhao+Dec 4 2003, 12:05 AM-->
@Dec 1 2003, 04:00 PM

Yes, but just because something is newer doesn't necessarily mean better... :p.

In the case of the K-Series vs. the B-H-D series engines, then YES it is better. :p

just my .02 here, but the new K-Series motors are the shizznittle-bang-snip-snip-snip. These are by far the best breathing highest potential 4-bangers honda has produced to date, in a car that is. I have seen Norris's new Si at the local track and he is runnnig 13's on i/h/e and hondata. With the right bolt-ons and tuning these things are very capable to do low 12's possibly 11's.

Although I love my b series, I will have to agree that K series is superior. In the November 2003 issue of honda tuning Hytech Exhaust's RSX-S was putting 261.9hp and 170 lb-ft of torque to the wheels all motor, and that was still having good driveability (according to Honda Tuning). And the motor didn't really have all that many power adders. Here is the parts list:

wiseco pistons, billet connecting rods, ported head, stainless vavles, titanium retainers, indy car springs, custom intake manifold, hytech stainless-steel header, 3-inch exhaust, hondata ecu, mugen limited slip, and ACT clutch

Not sure if that is the complete parts list but that is all they listed. The most that I have ever seen out of an all motor b series is 268 at the wheels, and that was a full race motor that revved to 11,000 rpm. There may be a more powerful b series; I just haven't seen it.

I've seen much more powerful B series race engines... and there ARE a few out there running 250whp on streetable setups.

go to hybirdhonda.com trhey list all the posssible swpas for a civic. there they say it is possible to swap a b and h into a 01+ civic :p

save for the k swap it's definatley worth it. I built a 02 civic EX with a USDM K20A2 it has a modified Injen intake, Hasport mounts, New trans( old one was damaged from the wreck the donor car was in) ATS LSD, Exedy flywheel and thick ceremetalic clutch,modified Skunk2 cat back, Tein SS struts, Tenzo ZT6 18" W/Prada Spec2's. The way it sits now it will beat a RSX-S. Hondata will be releasing a programable ecu in Feb. With a base map that will add around 20HPto the stock tune. and have complete control for future turbo destiny. Do your homework on the K. You'll see, you'll see, It's worth it !

Wassup guys just joined and reading up on some of the posts. I didn't know peeps really considered trying to swapping in the K motors with no serious info on how it's done.LOL. I've seen a K motor in a EG hatch with tons of computer problems, as well as a H motor in a EP coupe. Anything is possible and mounts can always be made but getting the electronics to jive is tricky. If anyone is interested I have a spare K motor from a rearended 2003 Civic SI along with the entire car harness,hubs, axles and computer..................only thing I'm in Honolulu and shipping is Killer................PEACE! :p

I was at a local shop here in so cal, and they have a k in a dc2. But getting the electronics to work seems to be more work then its worth. Just my .02

at the sema show, hasport had a K series in an integra, i think? well anyways it was an older integra/civic. the motor and everything sat fine in there, but they couldn't start it up cause the electronics are a bitch. and yeah K series > B series.

Back