1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22a into 96 Accord

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by fizix, Mar 30, 2006.

1. fizix

fizix Junior Member

I already have a catback on the car (don't want to have to buy a new one) and I want to know if there a company that makes a header/downpipe that will work in this swap (connect to cat)? I've asked this question many times, to many people. I constantly get the answer: get you local shop to fabricate custom exhaust for you. Forget my (inexistant) local shop.

2. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

buy a header for the h22a its your only option...hope it fits to the cat if not modify the cat-back to work...thats really the only way to go about it

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

:werd:

Ebay it man.

4. fizix

fizix Junior Member

H22 came in Prelude Si right?

5. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

nope si came with h23 h22's came in prelude vtec's

6. fizix

fizix Junior Member

Okay, thanks. This is what I'm going to do: Use stock prelude header and Prelude downpipe (later use turbo manifold and stock Prelude downpipe. <--That would work right?). Make whatever cuts/adjustments between the end of the downpipe and first cat.

Sound like a good idea since I'd be keeping the first two parts of the exhaust (Prelude) stock? Later turbo'ing would be as if it's actually in a Prelude? (No modifications to the downpipe, just replace the EM and it's good to go?)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted