h22a into 96 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i need some guidance on swapping an h22a into m 96 civic dx. this being my first swap, should i blow the $800 a local shop (reputable and experienced w/this swap) told me it would cost, or take the risk and swap it at home. my father and friend have a novice to intermediate level of knowledge of such things, and about 90 miles away we have some pals who are essentially experts. what im saying is advice and direction is easily available. with all this in mind, would swapping this engine myself be a wise idea? thank you

derek

I would welcome the challenge of doing it myself, that is if I could potentially be without a car for a week or so while irioning out all the issues. If you can, do it. As for me, when the time comes (soon I hope) I will be paying my local shop the $800-1000 they quoted.

Have fun :spin:

I'd say read up on the forums and other internet sources and tackle it yourself. If you are the type of person who generally works on their own car, the information you gain from the install will be priceless when working on it later. But like Riley37 said if you cant afford being without your car for a while, you might have to break down and drop the $$$ to have someone do it for you in a couple days.

whichever way you decide to go, GL to ya with the swap.

Yeah its always nice to do it yourself but the shop will do a great clean job, no headaches whatsoever. No headaches about the wiring and everything gets hooked up as it should. Theres no guessing involved on what needs to be done.

h22 swaps are just as easy as any other swap. just be sure and get the same gen motor as your car. procedure is the exact same as anything else, except for the shift linkage, which is extremely hard to fuck up.

definitely DIY.

If your not familiar with swapping engines, then It might be best to leave it to the pro's. Swapping out can be a little tricky when your not too familiar with that swap in particular.

Well I am swaping an All Motor H22A into my 99 SI.
I will doo most of the work myself.
But I will leave the wire harness conversion to a local shop.
Parts List:
HCP mounts
ACT HDSS clutch/ Flyweel
Quafe LSD
Fluidyne Radiator
FAL FAN
Prelude Shifter and Tranny cabols
ECU- but I don't know the right number?
Tein Super Street suspension witn EDFC

If any one sees something that I am missing, Please tell me.

if u got ppl that know wats up..do ur self on the real..why pay 800$ for nothing if u can do it ur self..u can get a greedy evo catback system for the price

Back