H22A into '98 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DJTurbo

I am looking into putting an H22a into my '98 Honda Civic ex, I just need to know if it's capable what all will I have to buy and do to the car to get this beast in. I would also like to find out if putting this engine in would be better than putting in a B16.

it depends on what you want to do with it in the long run, I have seen D, B, and H series run good times in tons of different cars.

Let us know your budget, and what route you want to take, and what you want the final outcome to be and we can suggest some routes for you to take.

Hey---
I figured somebody else was doing what I want. I'm looking for the same hybrid. I've got a 98 Civic sedan and I want to swap the engine out for something more powerful. It is my daily driver. I'd like to spend no more than $2500-3000 for the complete swap package. I know on HMO you can get a complete 92-95 h22a for $2200.

It sounds great. However--I am completely new to this arena.

So---For that amount of money (labor not included) I was looking for some input on the H22A swap or an alternative. Specifically----if the H22A swap includes:

- Motor
- Hydrolic Tranny
- ECU (P13)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shifter Cables
- Shifter Assembly
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
- LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

What else should I be aware of as far as forseeable NECESSARY add ons. I'm not talking about forged pistons--or anything other HIGH performance mod. I'm referring to making the swap and getting the most out of putting the prelude engine in my civic. I might continue to mod the car depending--but right now the aim is to get a powerful engine into the chassis to have fun.

For instance I just read on here somewhere that the 92-96 H22a runs smoother with a GSR ECU.

As powerful as the H22A engine is, what kind of thoughts do you guys have on what makes the easier swap. The b18cX series engines run about a grand more in cost.

So bottom lines---smoothest swap---most powerful engine.

To anyone who read and replies---thanks---I just signed on today and this site is a fantastic resource. I'll be on here for weeks playing catch up.

peace.love.respect.

hey bauer04 im in the middleof putting an h22 into my 98 civic and let me tell you everyday you find something else you need.

Back