H22a into 98 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civich22swap

Hey everyone im doing a h22a swap in my civic and have run into some headache with wiring. I got the ob2 to obd1 conversion harness along with a p28 ecu. I was wondering if there is anyone that sells a plug and play harness exactly for this swap. The h22a wiring harness i got has a bunch of shit i dont need

Why not just buy a an obd2 prelude harness dizzy Ect to make motor obd2 and an obd2 ecu get a ha sport kit drop it in. Your car is obd2 why run obd1?

I wondering something similar .. my thing is my motor blew in my 98 civic sedan so I decided to do a swap. I did some research and realised how much more money that I had to spend then I thought . So I have a 97 + prelude engine with LSD trans for 2500 from tiger japanese auto parts, The hasport axles and mounts are on its way and I also bought clutch and flywheel kit that's on its way by exedy . I'm trying to get everything I need so I don't run into a pause because this guy who owns a shop is letting me work on my car there he just doesn't want the car sitting on as lift halfway done on a lift ordering more parts. I have a few questions...

Now I have the obd2 engine but I want to be able to pass emissions so I see people saying things that to aren't really confirmed. As far as the ecu goes do I need a usdm ecu just to pass and a chipped jdm to run it the way I want . If so please explain in detail. Also I've been calling different places and googling about the wiring harness . I have to send the prelude and civic harness out for it to be plug and play I'm guessing yes I just want to confirm this is my 1st swap I don't want to mess it up lol I'm nervous and I want to do it right. As far the ac do I use the prelude ac or the civic? Same question for the powersteering. I read somewhere that I should use an integra radiator for better cooling .. any other options ? And do I have to use the prelude fuel pump or can I stay with the civic ? And if I'm missing anything please inform me .

You can use rad from an integra because it will cool the motor better, as one is closed deck other is not. The ecu jdm should be fine as long as you have a stock Cat on the car with O2 sensors. 2nd the wiring harness should work from the civic just fine as long as its obd2 and so is the preludes motor harness. as for AC i would use the preludes condensor because its on the h22a already, vs the civics... hope this helps

if the motor is a 95... its obd1, You can change out the fuel injectors, Dizzy, and sensors, such as the TPS, MAP , ect to make the motor run obd2..pain in the ass tho, better just getting an obd2 h22a

In terms of H22 swaps....I always thought you were suppose to use the stock engine harness and extend whats needed.....switch some plugs as needed....run Knock and VTEC (if not an EX or Si) But I do not know too much detail beyond that (I know B, D and K series). I know you can splice in the OBD1 Alt and such for B-series stuff so why not H-series? .....But I would get OBD2 injectors to save some of the wiring hassle for a little cash. Dizzy and Alt can be a little more pricey.

Back