H22a Into A 92 Civic Hatchback Dx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

Im interested in getting a motor that will have the most potential for street power/to weight ratio. Now im considering all Vtec Motors out there but am leaning towards the H22A although its honda Big Block and i have a tiny car. Is this a good swap or should i stay away? What would be my best option for a swap?? Help! B)

Well i have heard stories that under frequent hard accelerations, the axels tend to snap or go bad?? Also does this add too much weight where it would make the swap almost useless? :huh:

i have heard that an h22 weighs 70 pounds more than a b18c, so i do not think that 70 pounds is really going to mess with steering.... also i have driven a 93vx with a h22 in it, it makes for a haul ass daily driver, also note that i did not push the car around turns, i was in the city, there were wet conditions out, and the motor was not broken in, but all in all fast car...

how much HP do you guys think an h22a turbo would kick out with good tuning and stock internals? Im thinking of doing this swap too, or a b20-t or a b20vtec-t... i want around 300hp!

about the weight steering thing, I heard all you need is integra or better shocks. but I also heard you lose powering steering when you do this swap... is that true? or can you keep power steering and ac?

You can keep p/s and a/c only if you don't turbo it.

Aftermarket axles will solve most of the breakage problems.

Originally posted by 94Civintegra@Apr 20 2003, 08:29 PM
how much HP do you guys think an h22a turbo would kick out with good tuning and stock internals? Im thinking of doing this swap too, or a b20-t or a b20vtec-t... i want around 300hp!

about the weight steering thing, I heard all you need is integra or better shocks. but I also heard you lose powering steering when you do this swap... is that true? or can you keep power steering and ac?

As far as power steering and A/C. U can kiss those good bye. There isn't enough room in the engine bay to do such a thing. Besides, if ur looking for horse power, P/S and the A/C will decrease horse power. Cut those two out and u will free up some ponies. If however u want those two things, its possible, it just requires some modification to the fender well. But a word of wisdom... avoid that as much as possible. With the added torque many racers get with turbo, internal, or other heavy modifications, u dont want to weaken the chasis one bit. So in my opinion, let go of te P/S and the A/C. :p

if you get the HASport mounts you can keep the AC and PS if you stay NA.... with turbo i thing you can keep the PS but there is no room for the AC..... the steering issues will only be a problem under hard cornering (road course, autoX, serious corner carving on twisty roads)

Take a look at this company www.enjoracing.com they specialize in products for h22 and h23 in civic's and del sol's. They've got engine mounts and axels that can go up to 500 hp.

i say go for it. i wanted to get the H22 for my eg as well but i got a pretty good deal on a B16 so i settled for it.

you will want to get integra springs/shocks. i have also seen h22 hatchs run bad but ive seen them run good also. one of my friends has a h22 in his integra, it has ac and ps. it fits into a DC much better than a EG or EK. ive been thinking about doing a h22 integra.

Originally posted by MXDesa@Apr 19 2003, 07:54 PM
Im interested in getting a motor that will have the most potential for street power/to weight ratio. Now im considering all Vtec Motors out there but am leaning towards the H22A although its honda Big Block and i have a tiny car. Is this a good swap or should i stay away? What would be my best option for a swap?? Help! B)

my older bro has tha h22a w/ tha lsd in2 his lil eg hb civic!!!!!!! tha fit in it is very tite 1st of all!!!!!!! u do lose power streering and a/c also!!!!!! as far as axles go........get some good solid and custom fitted axles 2 hold this bad boy.....me and my bro went w/ some chrysler axles since he has tha lsd w/ his h22a !!!!!!! ur goin2 ahve 2 cut in2 some firewalls also man!!!!! but trust me.......u ride in a lil eg that has a h22a swap.......bad azz yo..........mad hp man!!!!!!! w/ bolt ons a few worked internals.........and a 75 wett shot........my bro ran a 13sec flat @ 4300ft above sea level in a show civic!!!!! not bad consideroing all tha weight it has on it 4 show!!!!!!! but i say well worht it.........its als a lot cheaper than goin w/ a built gsr w/ a turbo....which u will be makin w/ a prelude engine w/ a 75 wett shot!!!!! but def man.....i recommend it if ur down w/ performance and speed and reliability 4 tha cheapest $$$$ man!!!!! if u don't mind losing some tha luxury qualities as p/s and a/c !!!! :D :ph34r: :worthy: :) B) :lol:

im having an h22 put into my dx coupe. im keeping it n/a for now but it is being built as i type this. its being punched out to a 2.4 and i want to keep it all motor. but any way the guy thats putting it in specializes in these swaps has a h22 in his 2000 hatch, he runs 12.5/1 cr with a turbo at 10psi and runs an 11.8 on slicks and a 12.5 on street tires(www.trickengineering.com). i wanted to ask you guys that already have it done if it is 100% necisary to take out my A/C. its going to be a daily driver and the summers get hot as hell. if it does have to go, is it easy to take out myself?
thanks
tom

Back