H22A into a 92 Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Russ

Hello everyone. What are the concerns, if any, of swapping an H22a into a 92 Lude?

Thanks,

Russ

Check out www.h22a.org , and go to the link for a swap into a 5th-gen Accord. The instructions there are going to be very similar. You won't have any concerns with the exhaust lining or much of the wiring lengthening problems though.

I'd swapped a h22a1 into a 92 Lude, the only problem I would think is just a lil wiring thats about it depending on what motor u hav h23a1 or f22a1 the wiring is only going to be the problem. Overall, a basic drop in swap had my motor for about 4 months now no problems. Love hittin VTEC!!! :D

Thank you both very much for the info. It is very helpful. What kind of performance boost did the vtec give you Supahatch03? Where is the best place to purchase the engine? Would it be more EC (economically correct B) ) to hop up my existing Si motor or drop in the vtec?

Thanks again for all you guys help. I'm an old school mopar man and the import gig is new to me (it's my 14 yr old son's car). Hey come to think of it, maybe I could drop my old 70 340 into the lude :blink: That oughta wake it up! Now where did I put my sledgehammer.....

Russ <><

You'll have a very nice improvement in the H22. The top end goes nuts. Don't expect a 12 second car unless you build it that way. You will have a smile on your face though. :rally:

:toot:

Originally posted by tab@Jan 29 2004, 10:29 PM
You'll have a very nice improvement in the H22. The top end goes nuts. Don't expect a 12 second car unless you build it that way. You will have a smile on your face though. :rally:

:toot:

Exactly. If you get it tuned and running right (correct timing, no codes, etc), the pull on the top end is going to be a vast improvement over the H23. Good luck.

Yep, I remember I got my car back from the shop I did it from I hit VTEC in front of the shop and I flew back in my seat!!............................... Well not really. :p But I noticed a huge difference from my old and tired H23a1, I noticed that the h22a1 low end isn't really noticeable. I mean I don't even need VTEC to merge on the freeway. All that saying about losing low end from the h23a1 I beg to differ, however I would love to stroke out my h22a1 back up to 2.3L tho. :D

ok I had bouth, and H22 is not that big of a difference with H23, basically I had a exhaust header intake and AFC on mine H23, I was Eating H22 for breakfast,

:)

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Feb 2 2004, 11:17 PM
ok I had bouth, and H22 is not that big of a difference with H23, basically I had a exhaust header intake and AFC on mine H23, I was Eating H22 for breakfast,

:)

Then something was wrong with the engine or the drivers of the H22's you were "eating for breakfast" if you were beating them in a very mildly modded H23.

the H22 has a bit more torque and higher hp. If a person utilizes the powerband, and both engines are stock, the H22 should win.

The h23 is a good engine. If either driver messes up, everything changes.

true way true my friend beats turbos and rexs in a h23 but yes its all about the driver

Back