H22a into a 95 teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

Alright so after months of research it seems like the best option for me is a H22a w/lsd swap :) I have a 95 integra LS. It will still be my daily driver, but I want weekend warriors options B) I plan to do the swap myself. Besides the basic change (new plugs, wires, cap, water pump, timing belt, clutch) is the anything else I need to learn / watch out for?

for the price of that swap you could have a turbo setup that will KILL any H22 you come in contact with

yea, i bought my car with a partially built na motor that i didn't want to mess with, so i put an h22 into my car, but if you've got a good motor, turbo it, i just ended up turboing my h22, and i think its costin me more all together than a turbo b series. but at the same time, i can't lie the h22 kicks ass ha, and you can sell your stock motor and be like half way there or more sp its really up to you. oh in the swap if you do it, i found the worst part to be the shift linkage hook up, wiring is cake if you do it outside the car

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 10 2004, 09:25 PM
for the price of that swap you could have a turbo setup that will KILL any H22 you come in contact with

was gonna say the same....all the money your gonna spend on the little shyt is going to pile up on you...fuck an h22...worse mistake i ever did putting in my hatch...thank god it got stolen and got money from insurance

Originally posted by h22bubbleback+Feb 11 2004, 09:01 PM-->
@Feb 10 2004, 09:25 PM

was gonna say the same....all the money your gonna spend on the little shyt is going to pile up on you...fuck an h22...worse mistake i ever did putting in my hatch...thank god it got stolen and got money from insurance

Why was it the worst thing you ever did? (Asking cause im considering that swap. SORRY to thread jack)

if you buy parts as a package deal you'll be alright on spending, but if you piece the whole swap together you are going to get rapped

Alright, so everyone says turbo. Should I just build up to a turbo on my b18b or should I sell my setup and get a GSR setup? And why does do most perfer the gsr tranny to the ls tranny?

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 11 2004, 10:26 PM
Alright, so everyone says turbo. Should I just build up to a turbo on my b18b or should I sell my setup and get a GSR setup? And why does do most perfer the gsr tranny to the ls tranny?

depends... what's your budget like?

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 11 2004, 10:26 PM

a GSR will always put down more power if equally built
but if you have a goal in mind (and its not retardedly high) it will almost always be cheaper to get there with the LS
the GSR tranny is closer so you will rev out gears quicker (but acceleration will be quicker)

Back