H22a Into A Del Sol?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chileno1984

I was wondering what i need and how difficult would it be to put in a 1999
prelude H22a engine into a 1993 del sol s. Also how much do engines usually go for because i was offered one for $3000 CAD($1900 US). It has 83000 km (52000 miles). Is this a good deal or should i wait it out. Would the engine still be in the front or would i have to put it in the back, i ask only because i have heard of others doing so. would i need to chane many things with the car in order to accomodate the new engine such as tranny etc..?
thanks.

thats a pretty good deal for the motor... or is that for everything... i've seen cheaper for everything, but i dont have that hook up anymore

its very doable and it'll pay off, i don't want this to trail off into the weight issue like it always does, pound for pound and dollar for dollar its just a better base, and i've heard of a few delsols runin low 14s if you can get traction, i'll keep you up on it cause i'll be doing mine in about a month, screw b16as, they suck when all your friends have h22as, alough my car did barely beat my friends 97 lude not that long ago, and yes its vtec, but the b16s gears are so damn short

Sweet, we ought to get you and paragus together and see who wins the battle of the H22-Powered Civic. :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 4 2003, 06:51 AM
Sweet, we ought to get you and paragus together and see who wins the battle of the H22-Powered Civic. :D

i'll win hands down..lol :p if my motor can ever crawl its happy ass into my engine bay.

ha i dunno what hes got done to his motor, but the one i have lined up has an almost full valve train, - roller rockers, oh which reminds me, the type s pistons have a raised dome to them, but do the us spec oneshave a rasied dome or do they just look flat, cause im tryin to figure out if this thing is running the 11:1 or 10:1, but im down to race, problem being i live in ohio

i forgot i should prly ask this while im at it, what do you think i could take this thing out to, 8500??or should i just use the regular red line, cause with it having valve springs and all that stuff, i think it should be able to make a lil power after the stock redline but im not really sure

I believe the 10.2:1 CR pistons are flat in the middle.

I don't think there'd be any reason to take it to 8500 unless you've got cams that are capable of making power up there. The regular H22 cams definitely won't, and I'm not sure about the Type S cams, but some nice Skunk2 Stage 2's would definitely make you some power up above 8 grand.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 5 2003, 04:15 AM
you're worse than me i think! start cracking on it!!!

yea i dont know who's worse..lol. My shit has been sittin in my garage since.. the beginning of december..lol

im not gonna have much done. just full exaust, clutch, and all the little stuff replaced. Im not bothing with the internals right now.. cuz i live in cali. And if i cant get this JDM bitch to smog, then i'll have to get a USDM motor. And if i did internal work to the JDM motor id have to rip all that crap out, which would be more work then i wanna do.. SO im just putting in a bascially stock motor in and then ill get my bar sticker (hopefully) and then ill work on those internals ;)

-Paragus
where in Cali are you at?
I'm in So Cali, Redondo Beach to be exact.
If I ever get my swap done, I'm down to run you but my motor will be completely stock. No aftermarket stuff at all, i'll be rolling on stock rims and tires too cuz all my money is going towards the swap..
-Funds are the problem right now, it's already been pushed back by a month. I'm shooting for early April.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 5 2003, 12:39 PM
-Paragus
where in Cali are you at?
I'm in So Cali, Redondo Beach to be exact.
If I ever get my swap done, I'm down to run you but my motor will be completely stock. No aftermarket stuff at all, i'll be rolling on stock rims and tires too cuz all my money is going towards the swap..
-Funds are the problem right now, it's already been pushed back by a month. I'm shooting for early April.

im in nor cal. And ill be on stock tires too.. and i dont know when mine is going in... i need a second mode of transportation because my car is going to be in pieces.. sooo im lookin a buyin a motorcycle, cuz ive been wanting one for a long time.. then ill do my swap.. and at this rate.. it will be sometime next year..lol

yes, money is Always an issue in pursuit of a fast car... money doesn't come fast enough either.... :(

Back